Crystal Balls and Scrying?

I was wondering if any of you use a crystal ball, or do scrying in a black mirror? I am going to start working with them. My Crystal ball-Named Tiffany, did not want to pose well for her picture, but I thought the one from a distance was cool too, so I just had to share the moon effect she emitted…my mirror will get a name, not sure what, she has not spoken to me yet. Maybe she will stay Persephone as that is what she is called.

persephones mirror

5 Likes

I used to do it by looking at the reflections on a deep black crystal I had. There was a certain angle where it would create some very interesting patterns and shapes, warped and upsidedown reflections.

To me it was more of a meditative exercise but it can be useful to do before spellwork. It can also be done with water on a dark bowl, smoke or a mirror like you mentioned.

Kelly Anne Maddox did a video on scrying also:

4 Likes

I have a small crystal ball that fits in the palm of my hand. Honestly, I haven’t had much practice with it because…well…I always seem to lack time. It is something that I want to learn more about how to do it, though!

4 Likes

I intend to try scrying using a crystal ball in the coming months. I’ve had a premonition way back that cannot be explained by any normal explanation, dream and remember my dreams a lot, and feel a connection to … I really don’t know what to call it but know or feel it’s there. A connection to another level other than this world we live.

In her video she mentions cloud gazing…Not sure what this means exactly but I glanced out our car window about a year ago and saw this cute T-rex chasing us :grinning:

6 Likes

I had lots of premonitory dreams as a kid, sometimes no really dreams but spontaneous feelings in waking life. Mostly mundane things that just would happen exactly as I had pre-perceived them. Then sometimes more “hidden-message” type dreams. Now anytime they happen I feel that I really need to pay attention.

Seeing things in clouds is also a form of divination, nephelomancy.

5 Likes

That moon effect is so cool, now making me want to grab one!

3 Likes

I’ve been using a matte black bowl (Target $3) of water. I put a quartz point in the middle of the bowl and two candles on either side, other wise the room is dim. I look at the quartz point and let my eyes slide out of focus and focus on my breath. I’ve read that some people use pebbles to create ripples in the water. and in the meditative, trance-like state, you may see or hear something. So far, all I have sen was a blue flash once but I am pretty sure that was just my eyes. Going to keep practicing.

Yesterday, I tried it with soap bubbles in a bubble bath, LOL. That was easier, because, like clouds, I could easily see shapes. I remember as a child trying to see shapes in my grandfather’s cigarette smoke. I think you can scry with many things. I am looking forward to trying a black mirror :slight_smile:

2 Likes