Crystal identification?

Greetings! Hope some of you lovely souls might be able to help me identify these two crystals.

I don’t think I’ve ever known the identity of either one of them and likely they showed up in a grab bag that I purchased.

Photographing the colors accurately is hard but I would say they both are a pinkish hue. I’ve included photos indoors and in natural light. Perhaps they aren’t even the same type? I’m at a loss!

Thanks in advance for your help!

:infinite_roots:

Kat

8 Likes

Maybe dyed agate or chalcedony??? I’m stuck for a positive answer. Hope that sends you in the right direction anyway. I just remembered that jasper is a variety of chalcedony.

7 Likes

Looks like Jasper to me but I’m not sure. Here’s a photo of jaspers for comparison:

I suggest taking it with you next time you go crystal shopping and asking the shop owner!

7 Likes

My crystal identifying skills are limited, so I’ll just be cheering on the crystal experts in the forum! :grin: I’ll also add that you could give EnergyMuse’s Crystal Identifier a try.

Whatever type they may be, you have some beautiful treasures @Artemisia! :gem::sparkles:

6 Likes

@Francisco I think you’re right that it’s likely jasper but there’s so many types. That’s a great idea, I’ll hang on to it and see if a shop can help me ID it!

@BryWisteria Good thought about putting it through the online identifier, however, it called it rainbow moonstone! :laughing: I’m guessing it’s some type of jasper at this point since it is not see-through at all but opaque.

5 Likes

Oops! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Guess it was a worth a try! It’s getting there, but technology still has a ways to go with picture identification. Until then, thank goodness for crystal experts in the coven and in local shops! :gem::sparkles: Enjoy your treasure (whatever lucky stone it may be!), katnabis :blush:

3 Likes

Look like Mookaite to me! @Artemisia

5 Likes

oh gosh, yeah that’s possible. Most of the mookalite I have is more red than pink but it could be a variation! Thanks for the suggestion!

:infinite_roots:

Kat

4 Likes

Does it have sparkles or glitter???

3 Likes

That’s what I was looking for!!! Thanks so much , Bri!!! :pray::heart::gem:

2 Likes

The one with the black stripe one does not have glitter or sparkles however I do see a bit of that in the other one, especially in the lighter pink band.

2 Likes

Actually the more I look at it the more I think the heavily striped one could be mookaite…

2 Likes

Other than mookaite, I’d say strawberry quartz.

2 Likes