Crystal wrapping

Francisco Thanks for the tip the first video I actually did get the Halloween lantern :flashlight:
I tried to find the LED light that will be fun! Hope depot did not have it!
I have a pretty large crystal for my wand! I want to use copper wire! I think the copper wire is so much more glamorous! I still need to get Some tools too! It’s Definitely a process and not going to happen overnight! :blush: Thank you!
Jeannie
Blessed be

6 Likes

You should and when you do I want to see what it looks like Christina! So much fun!
Jeannie
Blessed be!!!

5 Likes

Of course :blush: I’d have to get more wire bc I can’t find mine. I think my son might have used it up on me bc he loves his crafts!

5 Likes

Sounds like a fun project!! Please share with us once it’s finished, I’d love to see it! :smiley:

7 Likes

That sounds amazing, @Jeannie1! :heart_eyes: As for wood stain, I’ve only used it on furniture before- but I imagine it can give a wand a nice finish and help to protect it for a long time.

It sounds like you have been learning a lot about different kinds of wood and making wands- so exciting! Yes, please share a pic when you’ve finish the current project- I can’t wait to see it :star_struck::two_hearts:

Good luck and happy wand crafting :sparkles:

6 Likes

Here’s my wand so far but it’s so hard to get the crystal on! I’m going to take a break!
Jeannie

10 Likes

What a gorgeous wand, @Jeannie1! :heart_eyes: I love how you used the wire to accentuate the natural twist in the branch- it’s very cool :sparkles: Where are you trying to attach a crystal? The top, bottom, or in the middle where the bend is? :gem:

7 Likes

Wow, @Jeannie1! What a great looking wand. It looks all magical already, even without the crystal.

7 Likes

The Travel Witch, I am trying to attach the crystal to the top of the wand. Or I guess I could attach it to the top on its side! I saw Francisco’s on the very top.
That’s we’re I wanted it originally.
Jeannie

7 Likes

Thanks Kasie, I was thinking about taking the wire off but I kind a like the wire there! I think it’s unique too! I’m happy with it! I had a selenite crystal that I was using for samhain and now I can’t find it! I hope I find it!
Jeannie

6 Likes

It looks good. As long as it’s not iron I’d say leave it. It’s very pretty. I hope you find your crystal. Did you look in your pockets? That’s where I stick mine and forget them.

4 Likes

Wow! Great job Jeannie! That’s a very nice wand!

You’re right! This is from the book Earth Power by Scott Cunningham! Maple says Divination and Love :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Nice thanks Francisco,
I have been trying to identify trees and so I got on Google assistant and you could just take a picture of the tree and it will tell you what kind of plant or tree it is! Since coming to witchcraft it has been making my life feel a lot more meaningful. I’ve had great adventures looking up trees! I’m a tree higher too! :laughing: lol
I see maple is for divination and :heart: love!
How cool
Jeannie
Blessed be

5 Likes

I didn’t know the Google assistant could do that, I’ll give it a try!

I do the same thing but with the PlantSnap app which is great too

6 Likes

Can anyone help me discover what kind of material is being used to make these really neat wands? I want my wand to look like these!
Any suggestions? I just love how the crystal is attached to the wand!
Jeannie

8 Likes

Wow. Those are beautiful but expensive. Here, I got mine from Amazon and it’s oak. Clear Crystal Oak Magic Wand. Its very nice, sturdy and smooth. If you click on the brand, Merlin’s Realm, it’ll show all their products and they have several wands.

Sorry I can’t help you identify those wands you show. If I don’t see the tree, I haven’t got a clue. Heck, I don’t have a clue half the time I see the tree without a guide.

7 Likes

Could it be dry clay? They look a bit like the wands in this tutorial which are made with clay and hot glue. You could also ask the seller about the materials and the process.

7 Likes

Beautiful! As for the materials, I agree with Francisco- it could be hot glue painted with gold metallic paint, or some kind of dried and attached clay also coated with paint.

It’s amazing what people can do with some basic materials and a lot of creativity! :grin::sparkles:

7 Likes

Awsome your right it’s probably hot glue gun like you said thanks so much! I appreciate everyone”s input!
I just want my want to turn out a certain way and I think it’s gonna turn out really good!
Francisco I just might take your advice and ask the lady how she did it! Just come out and say I love your wand, how did you do it?I wasn’t sure if she’d be willing to help.
Thank you very much everyone!
Jeannie

7 Likes

If your wand is made of wood, you can split the end in five separate strands about three inched down or less, then boil it. Like spaghetti it will become pliable. Wrap the base so it won’t split further then wrap the five wooden strandsaround the base of your Crytstal. Use tape to hold it in place. When it thoroughly dries it will return to being hard. Remove the tape.

7 Likes