Diffuser instead of lighting a fire?

No problem at all & if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Someone will be with you as soon as they see the post in their feeds!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum RosiePosie! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here on Spells8 – nice to meet you!

You absolutely can! The cool thing about using a diffuser, one of those sonic ones with the water, is that it can most likely be substituted for literally all of the elements :laughing: and I’m just thinking of this right now! You’ve got the water for water, the essential oil for earth, the mist for air, and the pulse of electricity for fire :thinking: that’s all of them!

I mean, of course you can approach this however you want – the short answer is yes :blush:

10 Likes

Ahh yay! I’m so happy to hear this. That’s an amazing way to look at it and I’m so glad you brought that up!

Nice to meat you too and thank you!

7 Likes

Hi @RosiePosie! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I see you got your question answered! Good to go! If you have any more, don’t be afraid to ask!

6 Likes

You’re very welcome! :blush: Sometimes things like that just happen and I have a lightbulb moment as I’m typing away :laughing:

6 Likes

Merry meet @RosiePosie

Wishing you a warm welcome! :blush:

You’ve got some great input here and it looks like you found your answer- I think using essential oils and a diffuser is a very good substitute for burning herbs! Another possible option is to bury the herbs and return them to nature- although whether this works or not would depend on the intent of the spell and what role the herbs are taking :herb:

Anyways, just wanted to pop in and say hello! It’s a pleasure to meet you and I hope you make yourself at home here :heart:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

7 Likes

It’s very nice to meet you @RosiePosie & I think @MeganB has a great point about it using all of the elements too! I hadn’t put that together before, but I am slowly working in elements to my practice, so this is perfect for me too!

I hope you enjoy using the diffuser! I know there is a cleansing blend called Florida Water that lists a way to use your diffuser & the essential oils used:

What is Florida Water and Why Do We Want It? :green_heart: - there are a few recipes for it contained within this post!

7 Likes

Brilliant. I love how your brain works!

7 Likes

Hey there @RosiePosie! Welcome to the forum! Everyone has given you some great advice, so I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I’m Ailey. I live in Georgia. I’m newish… I’m so excited you’re here and can’t wait to get to know you better!

8 Likes

Aww :sweat_smile: thank you!

5 Likes

Hello :hugs: and Welcome home :infinite_roots: @RosiePosie

It’s nice to meet you, Rose, I’m Marsha, an eclectic solitary witch, from Colorado. There are many witches here who are still in the broom closet, so you are not alone. I don’t usually tell anyone I’m a witch but I still use magic. I think Magic is just another word for Miracle.

I always use a diffuser with essential oils because I have asthma and smoke really bothers me. It works beautifully and never bothers me. I think Megan is onto something amazing, I really love her idea that it can represent all the elements!!

I am looking forward to getting to know you better Rose, welcome to the family :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

7 Likes

Hello @RosiePosie it is so very nice to meet you… You sound like such a sweet person. Welcome to the Forum… Everyone here is amazing…

5 Likes

@RosiePosie welcome! And no it’s not silly at all! You’ve received some great replies already, as you can see you’re not the only one that’s in the broom closet when you need to be. I’m one of those, too!

I have to point out how cool this is. I had a little diffuser that stopped working, my husband got a new one and then I didn’t set it up due to having plants and critters in that area. I’ll need to find a new spot and get to using it again! This post is inspiring me! :grin:

And @RosiePosie I’m sure you’ll love it here. As @Susurrus said already, it’s like a family here! :heart:

6 Likes

I want to add that Eden’s Garden is a great place to find essential oils. It’s what I use. They have a Frankincense oil that combines different versions from around the world and it’s a beautiful scent. It’s one that I love for sacred space.

6 Likes

Aww thank you :blush: It’s amazing what my mind can come up with as I’m typing away. I really like the idea of combining different elements in different things. Diffusers are great!

5 Likes

I am so glad you asked this question because I am also new to the craft and this has helped me solve my issue with burning incense and herbs. Now that I have read the answers you received, I plan to use a small diffuser that I already have because my husband is very sensitive to smoke and has anxiety around fire. It is nice to meet you, and I’d also like to thank everyone who answered your question. It was so helpful!

5 Likes

I love :heart: using my diffusers. I am going to put a smaller one in my daughter’s room with a Vicks type of blend while she isn’t feeling good.

There are a lot of types of blends you can make or create too.

We have a printable on Spells8 for fragrance & herb substitutions also. Those can help when using the diffusers or simmer pots. :hugs:

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing! It will help a lot. I am so impressed with and excited about all of the information there is here.

5 Likes

You’re very welcome! :hugs: If any other questions come up, feel free to ask! :revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.