DIY Magic Fairy Door

Kitties can be quite a challenge when it comes to indoor plants! :smile_cat: My mother just got a new kitten and while we were voice calling the other day, kitty was running around knocking over my mother’s crystals and chewing on everything within reach :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Indoor fairy gardens have to be super-duper secure (more like fairy strongholds :european_castle: :fairy: ) with a kitty around! :joy:

Adorable fairy garden, @Liisa! :heart_eyes: If I was a fairy, I would want to live in such a cute little garden house :house_with_garden: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

My lollipop sticks and wood pieces arrived today and I couldn’t wait to give this a go!

The rest of the stuff I already had in my craft box, and the sticks are from the garden (already broken off).

7 Likes

Decided to add a few more steps!

6 Likes

That turned out amazing!!! :scream: It’s so beautiful :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Get an pressurized can of air, like for cleaning computers. Doesn’t hurt him, and doesn’t mess things up like water would. All I have to do is reach for the can and Max calms down. It’s been very handy.

That looks lovely! Well done! Do you know where you’re going to put it?

5 Likes

@christina4 Thank you!

@Amethyst At the moment it’s sat on my office filing cabinet against my cupboard. Think it might stay there a while as I fear my dog may be far too interested in it if I put it on the floor!

6 Likes

LOL! His name is Sherlock, right?

4 Likes

Yeah that’s his name. Well Sherlock Bones actually :rofl:

5 Likes

You can’t name a dog Sherlock and not expect him to not put his nose into everything then! LOL!

4 Likes

Ohhhh I’ll have to recommend this to my mother the next time we chat- you know something works great when you don’t even have to use it anymore! :laughing: :+1: Thanks for the tip! :black_cat:

It’s beautiful, Iris! :rainbow: I love the pinecones on the side- and is that a little ladybug as the doorhandle? So cute! :two_hearts:

5 Likes

You’re welcome! I figure it sounds like a cat hissing and he doesn’t like the sound. It keeps him from sitting on my printer and messing with my wires on my computer.

5 Likes

Travel Witch,
What a cute idea! I would like to build my own fairy living space! Its so organic!
When I get home ill take a pic of my fairy garden. It needs to be worked on a little but its cute!
Jeannie

Blessed be!

9 Likes

Adorable fairy garden, Jeannie! :heart_eyes: You have such a cute door too- and lots of space for the fairies to play! :fairy: :laughing:

One of the best things about fairy gardens is how they grow over time. As you add little fun bits and pieces here and there, it will slowly grow like a living thing into an ever more beautiful place :deciduous_tree: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Enjoy!

5 Likes

Very cute @Jeannie1! I like the little red door!

5 Likes

That’s very nice :relaxed:

6 Likes

Oh my gosh, yes, I would make it! I have a circular garden that this would work perfectly in. I think it would be pretty easy to make with my granddaughter. I’m excited to try it. Thanks.

4 Likes

I think kids love to make things like this! I hope you have fun making it with your grandaughter :blush:

3 Likes