DIY smudge sticks?!

I’ve got lots of rosemary, which is probably my most favorite herb of mine. I have two full boxes. I was going to make a batch of hydrosol, and try to get some essential oils from it. But wanted to use some to make smudge sticks. Is sticks the right word :woman_facepalming:t3:? I used colored hemp string. Before I make more I’d like feedback. Bigger, smaller, thicker? I also have calendula and bay leafs to add to a couple as well.

10 Likes

I use palo santo mostly but that looks nice! I’d burn it!

6 Likes

Beautiful :grin:

6 Likes

@NoName it looks great as is but it might be good to cris cross the hemp some more so when it burns the bundle stays together. Just a thought

7 Likes

Perfect! Thank you.

4 Likes

Your welcome. I bet they smell wonderful lol

5 Likes

If you love the smell of rosemary. My whole house smells of it all the time lol. I did a calendula rosemary one. I’ll get it down eventually lol.

8 Likes

Those are beautiful

5 Likes

I love making herb bundles! I’d say try one out and see how it burns. I made the mistake of wrapping several of mine TOO tight. Keep at it!

7 Likes

@NoName You did a fabulous job with your rosemary stick. And the one with calendula too!

You really put your heart into your craft. Are those herbs from your own garden?

6 Likes

The rosemary is from a friends garden. I’m remodeling my place and hopefully next year will have more things to use. I bought the calendula at a local herb store.

5 Likes

@sarah29 that is good to know. I made three, the last one I put bay leafs around it. They were old and very dry so they had a bit of cracking. Definitely need to use more fresh items first before they dry.

5 Likes

As with anything, it takes practice, trial and error! Just gathering and binding the herbs together can be therapeutic. Happy for you that you’ve started doing this!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.