Do Angels have a place in Wiccan Religion?

That was beautiful Garnet thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And I really do believe :heartpulse: with all of my being :heartpulse:

6 Likes

Don’t know why but this one gave me goosebumps and almost made me tear-up! Loved the message.

8 Likes

Good Girl.

5 Likes

Maybe it’s the moon or the season but everyone seems a little
weepy this week. Maybe we’re being shown humility.

5 Likes

I know it’s already an old topic, but I still wanted to share, I often talk to the angels and ask them for help. Most of they really do
Have nice day :two_hearts:

10 Likes

I know this is an old post, but I’ve only been here a few days haha :wink: I’ve dabbled in a little bit of Demonolatry, and one of the big things that stood out to me about it is that you begin to realize that a lot of these “Demons” and “Malevolent Spirits” that suffer the oppressive dogma of Christianity (I mean no offense with this statement!) We’re actually gods and goddesses of older religions, villified for the sake of conversion that was very common in the time of Christianity’s inception.

The bigest one that would be most familiar would be Lucifer : “Lucifer is the name of various figures in folklore associated with the planet Venus. Originally stemming from a son of the personified dawn, the goddess Aurora, in Roman mythology, the entity’s name was subsequently absorbed into Christianity as a name for the devil.” - Sourced from Wikipedia, but there are other sources as well.

Why he was chosen specifically for the role of Devil I do not know. I fell away from Christianity around the age of 10, and never really paid much attention in sermons :sweat_smile:.

And Sariel. " Sariel, according to the Book of Enoch, was one of the leaders of angels who lusted after the daughters of men. They descended to the summit of Mount Hermon, in the days of Jared, to acquire wives and lead men astray. Sariel specifically taught men about the course of the moon." - also sourced from Wikipedia, and various other sources echo this as well.

While Sariel wasn’t a god, he was listed as an archangel and also a fallen one. At some point, he fell like others. In Demonolatry, he is regarded as the Prince of the Moon.

If you are curious for more on the topic, there are texts such as the Testament, the Lesser Key, and the Greater Key of Solomon. As well as the Ars Goetia. Another great book on the subject is The Complete Book of Demonolatry by S.Connolly.

One word of note! If by chance you do decide to use these texts in reference for working with any of the entities listed within them, using the Goetic circle that closes in their sigils is actually seen as a bad thing. The way I had it explained to me was that the entities take it as a sign of control, and that’s when you get backlash.

In my personal experience, I have petitioned Leraje to guide me to remove conflict from my life, and it has gone great! :slight_smile:

If this is a topic that anyone would feel uncomfortable further discussing on thread, my DMs are open!

Again I mean no offense with this statement :two_hearts: I hold full respect for everyone no matter what you decide to do in your practice! :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Well written for a “ apprentice “.

6 Likes

This is a really interesting point, Velle! :clap: Although I’m far from being an expert in Slavic folklore, from what I’ve seen, may of the pagan gods (as well as local celebrations and traditions) in this part of Europe could not be erased by the arrival of Christianity, so instead, these local enigmas were adapted by the church.

It’s also interesting to note how similar beings, deities, and creatures of legend are across cultures around the world- the many faces of Cernunous/the Horned God/Veles or the Morrigan/Morana/Marzana, for example.

It’s always interesting to see how things that could bring groups of people together often cause disagreements instead. It makes me realize how important and valuable it is to study different cultures and represents of paganism/religion around the world! :earth_africa: :sparkles:

9 Likes

@BryWisteria
Ooh! I didn’t know that! I definitely need to study up more on the subject as a whole honestly. I don’t know anything about the Slavic pantheon, or even the Hindu pantheon, but it is interesting when you Google names that come up in the book and they turn out to be significant religious figures from other religions! Demonolatry is definitely an interesting point of study for sure. It has its own etiquette apart from the deity work we are used to, yet it does parallel in some ways! It’s a subject that has made me eager to learn more about Theology as a whole!

Exactly; and once that knowledge is found it’s like a profound moment of “Woah. Why are we–as humans-- so dogmatic toward one another when we are very much alike?” It’s definitely an epiphany for sure!

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Cultural and religious studies start out seeming like various paths are all so different in their beliefs, but the more we learn the more it is revealed that it’s all not so different after all :handshake: :heart:

Always delighted to find someone else who shares a passion for these types of studies! :blush::two_hearts:

4 Likes

@Velle
When 'Christianity was young, in order to gain and maintain control over the peasants who could neither read nor write. It was forbidden to read the bible, so the priests, etc. could put the interpretation that the Cardinals and Pope decreed.
Keeping the ignorant, ignorant, was power.
This is and interesting subject but one that must be handled with care.
Blessed be
Garnet

7 Likes

@walter i absolutely loved your post. Ive never heard any wiccan explain it like u did. Your post was filled with love and respect. Your emotions were so strong with this that empaths can feel it. So beautiful.

I am not a Wiccan, as i was in a horrible place with religion. So i have chosen not to practice that way. Being an Eclectic Witch is a wonderful thing. I however when asked im just a witch. Nothing more. Even tho we are different we are the same. Trying to find how to finally be WHOLE.

Im honored to know u. Many blessings to you on YOUR journey. Should u need anything. All u have to do here is ask. We are here to help u if we can.

And Yes Angels can be called upon. U dont have to give up all u were and believe or believed to be a witch. That took me a long time to realize. That i didnt have to give up all of who i was. And some very smart, wonderful ppl here helped me see the truth. And some of them are wiccan and they accept me here with no reservations. @Susurrus @Garnet @Francisco @BryWisteria @MeganB and @marsha @Amethyst @Ostara @Amaris_Bane

9 Likes

You don’t have to title yourself as Wiccan, Catholic, Protestant, etc. I don’t, I simply say I am a pagan, which leaves the field wide open. It says that I’m not indoctrinated in any formal religion. You, my darling girl, are wonderful no matter what mantel you choose to wear.

8 Likes

My apologies if it was answered above and i missed it. I understand the consensus that its ok to work with angels even if not christian… i never did much work with angels as a christian but my experiences in church were not the best.
But i had steered away or was almost nervous or afraid to even approach angels even in oracles since becoming pagan and a witch because i was under the impression that angels wouldnt wlrk with non christian ppl. Now maybe thats just the idea indocyrinated from churches been to growing up and even when older.
And i understand fron whats said thats its ok to work with angels, and im so sorry if this is a stupid question but i feel i need to clarify for me own mind, as i see a slight distinction with a practicioner being willing to work with angels and whether angels are willing to work with ppl outside the chritian faith. Maybe its not that big a difference or distinction, im not sure bjt i felt i needed to ask…
So, its ok to want to work with angels even if not christian but would they want to or be willing to work with pagans or witches. Maybe its just christian upbringing and being rejected and abandoned by the Christian God but finding acceptance and belonging on the pagan path and with gods and goddesses from celtic and norse pantheons. Ive always wondered and was hesitant to do much with angels purely because i wasnt christian, the chritian god rejected me even when i was a christian and i had no worth with him. The church often portrays angels as servants of the christian god and implies only does what he commands or says. So i always figured maybe you had to be christian to work with angels…but this question posed and im so glad that it was asked, now i wonder if maybe since its ok to include angels in practice does that mean they are not solely tied to chritianity and are wiling to work with anyone of any faith?
Again apologies if this was already answered. I was rrading the thread and tried to take it all in but then i got to end and was still not sure abou that bit. I dont know if i missed something said. But i thought id ask.
And thanks for everyone whose stepped in to help answer the original question about this by Walter. This is such a great community and so glad to be a part of it. People are so caring and helpful even if not sure, people step in to support each others and its so lovely to see. Lol ok now im getting all teary as i write. .

9 Likes

Angels are higher beings and they listen to the appeal of whoever calls them with love and faith in their help… They have not been related to any religion they are united with the elements

9 Likes

Thank u my love.

6 Likes

@Phoenix_Fire hey hon i have to agree with @AIRAM angels choose who they come too, just like dieties. U can call upon them and they choose who to help and when.

Im technically a “grey” witch. But ive called uppn Raphael many times, and he has always come. Yes i had a strict christian upbringing, very strict. But the tenants i grew up with are still in grained in me. Depending on my need i call upon angels, dieties, spirits, or my ancestors. They are all here to help u. But again its always their choice whether to help or not. If your need is great, they usuallt come, at least thats how its been for me. Ive only recently started using angels. Bc i realized the faith i grew up with, wont ever leave me, so i had to find a way to incorporate those teachings into my new reality. And i found that i was happier when i didnt abandon everything i learned and grew up with. Its hard to reprogram over 40 yrs of learning. The amazing thing with being a witch or pagan is u dont have to give it all up.

9 Likes

As christians see Angels as messengers of heaven, I think they (as they stole and reimagined most of paganism for their religion) see their ‘heaven’ as our Summerland and therefore Angels would be messengers of the Summerland. They are higher beings and are of themselves not any religion.
That’s my thinking anyway - and I have thought about it quite a bit too.

9 Likes

Phoenix_Fire
This is my opinion and I do not mean to offend or push my views on anyone else.

Danni, I’m afraid someone, somewhere has sold you a hen that won’t lay.
Not understanding beliefs are personal. When we were kids, it was a matter of I’m right and your wrong. To use your soul, or angels as a means of control is very sad. The ignorant or frightened tend to try to domineer, to keep their beliefs supreme. Anyone can work with angels. My guardian Is Michael, the Archangel. He has been both solace and support to me.

Believe what rings true in your heart. The Muggles dedicatedly push what they believe and everything else is wrong or a lie.

Baby girl, let me as you a few questions. What if they were wrong? Better yet,
What if you are right?
Beliefs are personal for you and you alone. If it runs parallel with what others believe? How fine. Always remember, you are good, you are kind and you are clean.
Take care, blessing,
Garnet

AIRAM
I agree.
Garnet

9 Likes