Drugs derived from plants used in witchcraft

I wanted to share this very interesting documentary by Real Stories on utube about Henbane used in witchcraft. :witch_pentacle:

14 Likes

I saved this for later! Thank you! :blush:

11 Likes

Your welcome @Sivonnah :grin: :witch_pentacle::heartpulse: :infinite_roots:

11 Likes

That was a very interesting one, thank you for sharing! :blush:

The documentary made it seem like henbane has a very narrow therapeutic range, as in it gets lethal pretty quick. I’d love to see some numbers on it. Though an experienced shaman familiar with the plant would be able to make a safe and effective dose either way.

The effects seem pretty unique though! And there’s the traditional part too. While I might not try this as my first entheogen, there could still be a place for it. :green_heart:

8 Likes

Saved. Thank you :blush:

9 Likes
9 Likes

This is so interesting, I like the witch expert point about the use of hallucinogenics being a modern phenomenon when Europe traded from 18century, and brought back this method from other cultures via the trade routes, before then witches may have used them medicinally but not necessarily in ritual/sacrement for European witches. It adds to the radio documentary on the BBC called Witch where it stated that the persecution of witches was primarily due to their skill with medicine, particularly at a time when modern medicine was rising and dominated my male physicians. The witch persecution were a “decline in rural based order (your video) and the loss of that knowledge”. The BBC radio show stated that had we not had the witch trials, our advancement in herbal medicine would have been far greater today, so much knowledge was lost. This was an excellent documentary. Thankyou for finding this.

Good to see you too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Your welcome @tracyS :pagan_book: I thought you might find it interesting! :grin: :hekate_wheel::green_heart:

8 Likes