Dulce de Leche Cheesecake

Dulce de Leche Cheesecake

Ingredients:

For Crust:

1-3/4 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 35 cookies)
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 tablespoons butter, melted

For Filling:

3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup 2% milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 can (13.4 ounces) dulce de leche

For Topping:

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 cup dulce de leche
3 tablespoons hot water

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around the pan. In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs, walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Press onto bottom and 2 in. up sides of prepared pan.

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in milk, flour, and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.

Pour dulce de leche into a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at 50% power until softened. Drop dulce de leche by tablespoonfuls over batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.

Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake 60-70 minutes or until the center is just set and the top appears dull.

Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen; cool for 1 hour.

In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chips; stir until smooth. Stir in chili powder. Spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of the pan.

In a small bowl, whisk dulce de leche and hot water until smooth; drizzle over cheesecake.

Nutritional Facts:

1 slice: 468 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.

Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home.

10 Likes

Cheesecake! :heart_eyes: Goodness, reading this recipe I’ve got such a craving now… :drooling_face: :cake:

Thanks so much for sharing your fun recipe finds, @Amethyst! :heart:

3 Likes

You’re welcome! I’m wanting cheesecake now too but my blood sugar says NO. LOL. But it’s fun to drool over!

4 Likes

Ahhh the blood sugar gets the final call- good for you for taking good care of yourself, that’s the most important thing! How about this: if I can find a piece of cheesecake around here, I’ll have a bite for you! :heart::handshake: :smile:

2 Likes

Think of me, think of me fondly when you eat cheesecake! :notes:

LOL!

1 Like

Hahaha will do, my friend- will do! :grin: :two_hearts: :cake:

1 Like

sounds amazing!! Thank you sooo much for the share. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

You’re welcome! I like to share recipes!

1 Like