Eagles, spells, and deities

Hi everyone,

In my ongoing work to discover to locate my patron/root deities, I had an amazing experience with an eagle, in the middle of the city in which I live. This happened on the same day I cast a spell to aid in my discovery. It seemed very much like a sign. So, I am curious if you know any deities that are associated with eagles. I know two: Zeus and Vishnu. Are you familiar with any others?

Thank you and all blessings!

8 Likes

I don’t know of any others right off hand but seeing an eagle in the middle of the city must have been awesome!

8 Likes

Encountering an eagle deep in the woods would be exciting, but to cross paths with one in the heart of the city is definitely something thrilling and out-of-the-norm! :star_struck: :eagle: Trust those instincts, Ben- if you feel it’s a sign, then I definitely think it’s something worth pursuing! :sparkles:

Zeus and his eagle (Aetos Dios- once a mortal king named Periphas) seem to be the most obvious divine presence related to eagles that I’m seeing, but here are a few more you might consider:

Ix Cheel also known as the “Eagle Woman” is the Maya Goddess of the Moon.

Ix-Chel-Mayan-Goddess-360x240

Lilith- a Goddess or demon depending on who you ask- is associated with eagles among other birds of prey.

Working-With-Lilith-Goddess

Tengu are youkai in Japanese mythology (sometimes portrayed as demons, other times as kami/god-like creatures) that are depicted as various birds of prey.

SekienTengu

I hope you’re able to dig deeper into the sign and connect with your patron/root deities, @ben1!

Good luck and blessed be! :eagle: :sparkles:

7 Likes

Oh my, encountering an eagle in general is a wonderous experience – in the middle of the city, though? That’s great!

Besides being connected to the above mentioned deities, I would also advise you to not limit yourself to thinking of deities in this instance. Often times, spirits of the land will connect with us through the local wildlife!

8 Likes

It was an amazing experience. I saw it from a distance and as it headed toward me, he flew low enough for me to see very clearly that it was a bald eagle, and I could even see feather contours. As soon as he reached my position and was directly overhead, he speedily flew off in the other direction, as if he were making a boomerang arc with me as its focus. It was a powerful experience.

6 Likes

Thank you! I am a little familiar with Lilith, but the IX Chel and the Tengu are completely new to me so I will investigate them.

6 Likes

Oh, that is a particularly good idea, @MeganB! As I’ve been pondering this, I have started to think there is a larger message for me here than simply what deity should I work with.

6 Likes

@ben1 i have an awesome guided meditation that might help if u want it

5 Likes

I can imagine! That had to have been awe inspiring!

5 Likes

I’m happy if the suggestions could help, Ben! :blush: Wishing you good luck as you continue to explore it- I hope you’re able to connect with whatever deity/spirit/message is reaching out to you :pray::sparkles:

Blessed be!

5 Likes

Thank you, @Mistress_Of_Herbs! I would be interested to see your guided meditation.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.