Earl Grey Tea Cookies

Happy Monday y’all! I hope you have a very good week!

Earl Grey Tea Cookies

prep: 20 mins
cook: 15 mins
additional: 5 mins
total: 40 mins
Servings: 24
Yield: 2 dozen cookies

Ingredients:

cooking spray
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup white sugar
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
6 Earl Grey tea bags
½ cup unsalted butter melted halfway
2 eggs
1 teaspoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

Step 1

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.

Step 2

Combine flour, white sugar, confectioners’ sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Cut open tea bags and mix tea leaves evenly into the flour mixture.

Step 3

Add butter, eggs, water, and vanilla extract to the flour mixture. Mix with an electric mixer or rubber spatula until dough comes together.

Step 4

Roll dough into balls and shape into 2-inch cookies on the prepared baking sheet.

Step 5

Bake in the preheated oven until edges are light brown, about 12 minutes. Cool cookies for 5 minutes before serving.

Cook’s Notes:

If using loose-leaf tea, you’ll need 2 tablespoons.

For healthier cookies, use reduced-fat unsalted butter.

Earl Grey tea is one of the best teas to use in this recipe, but you can use any tea you prefer. Enjoy these cookies with any type of tea or milk.

Nutrition:

Earl Grey Tea Cookies

Servings Per Recipe: 24
Calories: 104.7
% Daily Value *
protein: 1.6g 3 %
carbohydrates: 14.8g 5 %
exchange other carbs: 1
dietary fiber: 0.3g 1 %
sugars: 6.8g
fat: 4.4g 7 %
saturated fat: 2.6g 13 %
cholesterol: 25.7mg 9 %
vitamin a iu: 138.5IU 3 %
niacin equivalents: 1mg 7 %
vitamin b6: 0mg 1 %
vitamin c: 0mg
folate: 21.2mcg 5 %
calcium: 5mg 1 %
iron: 0.6mg 3 %
magnesium: 2.9mg 1 %
potassium: 43.3mg

3 Likes

@Amethyst Thank you for this… I was trying to figure out something special for my sister… she likes Earl Grey Tea (well, so do I) and these would be a lovely compliment.

Thank you so much for sharing!

1 Like

This sounds Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

2 Likes

Aw! You’re welcome @berta! I hope your sister likes the cookies.

You’re welcome @brad1!

2 Likes

Tea and cookies combine to make something doubly delicious! :drooling_face::two_hearts: This looks like a great and beginner-friendly recipe with not too many steps and just a few ingredients that most people likely already have in the cupboard :+1:

This is going on the to-make list (possibly switching out Earl Grey for Chai- I’m obsessed lately! :laughing:)

Thanks so much for sharing, @Amethyst!

3 Likes

I think the spiced chai just goes with fall and winter.

2 Likes

You’re welcome! I bet this would go well with just about any tea. I can’t help but wonder what it would be like with plain ol’ English Breakfast tea.

2 Likes

So very true, @Berta! 'Tis the season for chai :relieved::coffee:

Sounds like an experiment waiting to happen, @Amethyst! :laughing: English Breakfast has a good strong flavor so I would imagine it could carry over into a cookie pretty well :thinking:

1 Like

I can’t help but wonder if that butterfly pea tea that turns blue would make the cookies blue if you baked with it. LOL.

2 Likes

Ohhhh now there’s a brilliant experiment, @Amethyst! :star_struck:

At a cooking school in Thailand we used butterfly pea flowers :butterfly: for just that purpose:

The flowers didn’t add much flavor to the coconut milk, but they dyed it (and the rice we cooked in it) this absolutely gorgeous color of blue-purple :blue_heart:

For all the other adventurous souls trying butterfly pea tea- perhaps @Berta and @Rowan- if you ever decide to cook or bake with the tea (maybe some tea cookies! :cookie:) def give a shout! Love to hear how it turns out :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Wow, that is pretty on the plate, with the mango beside it, gorgeous!

I hope someone does make tea cookies with that, maybe add a little more vanilla in case it’s not very flavorful. I bet it would be pretty!

2 Likes

Would you mind plating up another serving @BryWisteria ? I’ll be right over!
Yum… that looks good!!! Those cooking lessons were not lost on you!

2 Likes

A touch of vanilla would be a great addition, @Amethyst! :yum:

And sure thing- order up, @Berta! :plate_with_cutlery: :joy: Hahaha that’s sweet of you, and I wish! I haven’t had a good mango since I left Southeast Asia :mango: and still no luck on the hunt for butterfly pea flowers here! :butterfly: Thai cooking will have to wait until I can get my hands on the ingredients again :laughing:

But the government here decided to lift the store lockdown for the holidays. Some of the tea stores are open again, so maybe I’ll pop into the lock shop during their quiet hours and try my luck :grin::+1:

2 Likes

@BryWisteria I got spoiled with Mango overload when I was in Phoenix… but even there it was hit or miss during some months. I wish I could have figured out if it was the red mango? or another variety that was my absolute FAVORITE… it was creamy… not stringy in texture and was so juicy. I would eat those just like you displayed yours… (if it ever made it to the plate) True confessions- Most times it was a messy bite and drip affair over my kitchen sink followed by a face wash. YUM!

2 Likes

Ohhh that sounds amazingly delicious, @Berta! If you ever find out what type of mango it was, definitely let me know! :grin:

[Pic from Pintrest]

There’s certainly a lot out there :astonished: I also don’t know which kind of mango I ate in Taiwan and Thailand. But I guess even if I knew, there’s only one type in the grocery stores here in Poland :sweat_smile:

I’m craving mangoes now… makes me think that mango cookies would be incredible! :star_struck: @Amethyst- in your impressive knowledge of recipes, have you ever seen a recipe for mango cookies? :cookie::yum:

2 Likes

We’ll see what I can find! :blush:

2 Likes

@BryWisteria I’m guessing but I think it would either be “KENT” or one not on that chart called. “NEELAM” both grown in Mexico…
If someone who lives in the US Southwest has access…maybe they could ask at the grocery…
Buttery, juicy flesh, narrow seed… green, yellow to red smooth skin, YUMMY.

2 Likes

I just saw your Mango Cobbler Cookie Recipe- nice, @Amethyst! :grin:

Ohhh that sounds scrumptious, @Berta! The one I remember in Thailand was a smaller yellow mango, unbelievably sweet and juicy. I thought the name had something to do with Golden Lotus, but I can’t find any info online :sweat_smile:

Guess the mango of my dreams will have to wait for my next trip to Thailand- whenever that will be! :airplane: :laughing:

2 Likes