Earning and wearing badges/titles in the forum

I’m surprised no one has mentioned it, yet… Every 10 weeks, we have a catch up challenge. You can post what you are doing with your dragons at that time and earn a badge to wear next to your name, like mine(Spiritworker). @BryWisteria , correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t we past the half way point to the next catch up?

I’d be excited to see how the dragon badge looks on you!

Wish we had a unicorn badge!

10 Likes

Hi Georgia! It has been a while since I have posted here but I think Unicorn’s just might be a great topic to incorporate some place here at Spells 8. I think I might have to do some thinking and research on this.

Blessed Be,
Medea

10 Likes

Hi @Medea ! Missed you!
:people_hugging:

10 Likes

You are absolutely correct, Georgia! I believe this week’s challenge is number 186, so we’ve just a few more to go until the Catch-Up arrives (and the dragon title we have in the forum will be up for grabs once again!) :dragon_face: :blush: :dragon_face:

Not to spoil future challenges for those who enjoy a surprise, but there has been a request for another mythical creatures challenge.

Still, I don’t see why we couldn’t add a unicorn-specific challenge to the challenge to-do list for the more distant future! It sounds like, along with dragons, they are very beloved creatures :unicorn: :blush:

9 Likes

Thank you so much. It’s so nice to know that my Spells 8 Witchy family truly cares. It means alot to me.

Blessed Be

11 Likes

This is an exciting concept to me but I have absolutely no idea what that means ! Lmao I feel like a little kid with something going over my head but that would be SO cool if it’s what I’m interpreting it as! If anyone has anything for insight or information about it pls feel free to fill me in:)

10 Likes

I believe Georgia is referring to the titles/badges that can be earned and worn here in the forum. They are a feature of the site that allows everyone to display a title of their choice next to the username, for all to see. This is what the badge looks like:

Many choose to earn and display titles that align with or represent their personal practice.

Some badges can be earned by interacting with the forum (liking posts, spending time in the space, sharing comments, etc). Other badges (like the “Blessed by Dragons” badge mentioned above) are given as a reward for completing a Witchy Challenge.

While challenges run for one week at a time, during Catch-Up Challenges all of the previous challenges as open (and their badges can be earned) again. The next Catch-Up is in just a few weeks! :grinning:

For more information about badges and how to set them, here is the original announcement with instructions: New! Badges and Titles in the Forum.

In short, they are a fun way to further personalize your account and display something that resonates with you and your practice :blush:

I hoped that helped to clear things up a bit!

Blessed be :sparkles:

9 Likes

I see these specific titles under all’s names . Wondering what this is!!!

10 Likes

Hello @Ladyeviseros!

I think you were asking about the titles just as I was writing up this explanation of them over here - sounds like we were of the same mind in the same moment! :grin: :heart:

Please see post #7 above for an explanation of the titles! :blush:

10 Likes