My second offering for this Challenge is a simple family favourite: Plum cake!
Plums, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon are all associated with LOVE
When baking this cake I filled it with my intentions of love, luck and happiness for those who eat it
apologies for lack of progress pics (was a little too enthusiastic with deleting pictures this morning to make space on my phone )
- 1 punnet of fresh plums- washed, pitted and halved. (we’re pretending this is a plum)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 block butter (approx 125g)
- vanilla extract
- icing sugar
- Preheat fan oven to 170’c
- Grease a large, deep baking tray and dust with breadcrumbs
- Melt butter and set aside to cool
- Whisk eggs and sugar together until white and fluffy
- Fold in melted butter, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and cinnamon - stirring clockwise and focusing on infusing the batter with love, luck and happiness
- Pour the batter into the prepared tray and add the plums in rows
- Bake in the oven for 45-60mins or until a wooden skewer inserted to a non-plummy bit comes out dry!
- Allow to cool and dust the top with icing sugar
- Cut into large chunks and enjoy!
Best enjoyed with a cup of tea by a pink or white candle and your favourite crystals