Easy Spiced Plum Cake 🥭 - Wickedly delicious weekly witchy challenge

My second offering for this Challenge is a simple family favourite: Plum cake!
Plums, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon are all associated with LOVE :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
When baking this cake I filled it with my intentions of love, luck and happiness for those who eat it :heart:

first slice goes to mum who gave me the recipe :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

apologies for lack of progress pics (was a little too enthusiastic with deleting pictures this morning to make space on my phone :see_no_evil: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

Ingredients:

• 1 punnet of fresh plums- washed, pitted and halved. :mango: (we’re pretending this is a plum)
  • 3 eggs :egg:
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 cups self raising flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 block butter (approx 125g) :butter:
  • vanilla extract
  • cinnamon
  • breadcrumbs
  • icing sugar

Method:

1. Preheat fan oven to 170’c
  2. Grease a large, deep baking tray and dust with breadcrumbs
  3. Melt butter and set aside to cool
  4. Whisk eggs and sugar together until white and fluffy :cloud:
  5. Fold in melted butter, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and cinnamon - stirring clockwise and focusing on infusing the batter with love, luck and happiness :heart: :four_leaf_clover: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
  6. Pour the batter into the prepared tray and add the plums in rows :mango:
  7. Bake in the oven for 45-60mins or until a wooden skewer inserted to a non-plummy bit comes out dry!
  8. Allow to cool and dust the top with icing sugar
  9. Cut into large chunks and enjoy!

Best enjoyed with a cup of tea by a pink or white candle and your favourite crystals :candle: :tea: :kissing_heart:

11 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: That looks amazing, well done! :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

That looks awesome! I love plums! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

I’m drooling- this cake looks amazing! :drooling_face: :heart:

And full of all the best intentions too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: What a treat! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe, @Limeberry- may you and all who are lucky enough to eat it enjoy! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Ooh :open_mouth: that looks delicious :drooling_face:! Hold me a piece because I’m coming over, I’m on my way!!! :laughing:
Thanks for sharing your beautiful magic with us!!!

3 Likes

:joy: great, I’ll stick the kettle on! X

3 Likes

Perfect, I’m almost there!! The boat ride is beautiful! You should see it :heart: I’ll just take a video of it to show you :joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Looks delicious! Thank you for sharing!

3 Likes