Egyptian Rose Cookies 🌹

It’s time for Valintine’s just about! Here, have a cookie recipe.

Egyptian Rose Cookies :rose:

Yield: 2 to 3 dozen

Ingredients:

â…“ cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon rosewater
2 cups all-purpose flour
ÂĽ teaspoon salt

Directions:

Step 1

Mix shortening, sugar, eggs, and rose fluid until fluffy. Stir flour and salt together, then mix in butter mixture. The dough will be soft. Chill several hours or overnight.

Step 2

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) Lightly grease or line baking sheets with parchment paper.

Step 3

Using 1/3 of dough at a time (keep rest of dough refrigerated) roll into balls about 3/4 inch in diameter. Place on cookie sheets. Flatten with hand until approximately half of their original thickness. Imagine the flattened cookie to be a clock. Make 2 slits, each 1/2 inch long, in the cookie at 10:00 and at 2:00. Pinch bottom to form “base” of petals. Sprinkle with red or pink decorator’s sugar.

Step 4

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom. Do not brown tops of cookies!

Nutritional Facts:

Per Serving:
68 calories; protein 1.1g; carbohydrates 10.9g; fat 2.2g; cholesterol 10.3mg; sodium 20.2mg

Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.

7 Likes

These sound heavenly- I’m picturing them as shortbread cookies with a hint of rose flavoring! Yum yum :yum::rose:

I actually really like rose flavor, so (as long as the rosewater isn’t too concentrated) I would probably increase the amount put in. And I bet candied rose petals would make a decoration sprinkled on top as well! :star_struck:

Thanks for another wonderful (and perfectly timed) recipe, @Amethyst! :heart:

6 Likes

You’re welcome, dear heart! I didn’t know it was a rose day today until after I’d posted it. What a coincidence!

4 Likes

You have a knack for perfect timing, @Amethyst- that is quite a talent! :smile: :+1: Hope you had a lovely rose day :rose::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I did! Hope you had a good rose day as well! :rose:

3 Likes