Embrace the Spider in Magic 🕷️

Here’s a beautiful video from my favourite Nordic Witch. She shares some gorgeous tales of Loki’s spiders and how the humble spider can help enhance our magic.
:spider: :drinking_horn:

13 Likes

This is awesome @tracyS ! I was just reading last night how spiders can help us in dark moon magick. I’m thinking I may be pulled towards Loki. Been having lots of signs lately and these two spider things is just another thing pushing me in that direction.

11 Likes

@Mystique ooh how exciting. Keep me updated how you 2 get along. Woohoo, he’s getting his drink horn out :rofl::partying_face: :drinking_horn:

11 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I haven’t totally decided if I’m going to yet. I’m really enjoying not working with just one deity but whoever happens to fit my spell. But I really think Loki is poking me and saying “hey! Let’s play!” :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edit: maybe it’s because I’ve been reading about dark moon magick and am really drawn to it and maybe because I have been doing spells that lean more toward the darker side of things. Reading about blood magick really grabbed my attention.

11 Likes

@Mystique The good thing about Loki is he’s not exclusive, but he is playful. :partying_face: Embracing both the light and dark, I find balances things out a bit, for me anyway. :spider::grin:

11 Likes

I think I’ll sit down and have a talk with him. See how it goes.

8 Likes

I think this video just convinced me that I was a spider in a past life :joy: Weaving dreams into reality with words, enjoying complex webs of correspondences, loving dream work, tantra literally meaning weaving, then there’s shibari, literally trapping living beings in intricate patterns of rope… :laughing:

“Why Sleipnir has 8 legs” was an interesting bit too :sweat_smile: And I learned there’s a word in Finnish as well that connects spiders to Loki.

Beautiful and touching video that made me appreciate spiders more :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I might even smile when I see one next time, we’ll see :rofl:

7 Likes

@tracyS , do you recommend any readings about Loki before I reach out to him?

7 Likes

@Mystique Yes Dagulf Loptson is great, gives you the background not just Norse but other countries too, a modern take on him, a few warnings (he is mischievous :grin:), and some nice rituals to get you started. Both books are cheap on kindle.

7 Likes

@CelestiaMoon I’m.glad you enjoyed the video. I too am going to try to like the spider a little more :grin:. That’s interesting about the Finnish word too :green_heart::partying_face:

7 Likes

Thank you @tracyS ! I will check them out today! My boyfriend may be happy having a trickster around once in awhile. He’s mad I cleansed the house and got rid of his ghost. :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

@Mystique poor ghost :ghost:

7 Likes

I’ve tried calling it back! It may have returned. Anyhow, something is here. It don’t feel bad so I’m gonna let it be. But there have been odd things happening since I called it back. Just mischievous things. Like his ghost use to do.

7 Likes

@Mystique aww it’s making itself at home. :grin:

7 Likes

@Mystique I cleanse my house, but my visitors stay. I do say though that “all negative energy is cleansed out, but my ghosts and spirits stay”, maybe that makes a difference :person_shrugging:

7 Likes

Perhaps @tracyS I did say all negative energy so perhaps she never left.

7 Likes

@Mystique Nice, if she’s happy that’s good. I’m looking forward to hopefully sometime in the near future being able to talk to them better. Does she have a name? Any history like why she likes being with you? :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

@tracyS I haven’t actually spoke with her yet but he believes it is his sister.

7 Likes

@Mystique Oh that’s special. :green_heart:

7 Likes