Emoji sigil request 2

Can we at least get the regularly known Satan sigil emoji since the other I want belongs to someone else and we didn’t have permission

Pretty plz with a cherry on top?

@BryWisteria

7 Likes

Hi @Devenne!

I’m happy to take a look and see if it would work for an official forum sigil! :grinning: A friendly reminder before jumping in that we can only use images that we have the rights to use (and not those under any form of copyright/owned by someone else).

When I search for “satan sigil”, I see a few different options (with the most predominant being the sigil we are currently using for Lucifer :lucifer_sigil:). On Google, Bing, and Etrusia search engines, I’ve looked around, but I’m afraid I can’t find this sigil shown anywhere.

When I run your drawn image itself through the Search Lens, I do see one matching sigil in a video by Astra Inferni Demonolatry (here), but since I can’t seem to find it anywhere else, I have to assume that this sigil is owned by them.

Could you please show me at least one other official source (such as a published book without ties to Astra Inferni Demonolatry) featuring this sigil so that we know for sure it is a general, widespread symbol and something we can use?

Once we’re sure it’s something that can be used, we’ll then need digital art of the sigil to be done (perhaps you or @starborn can assist!) so that it can be emojicized :sparkles:

Apologies to ask for the double-check on the image, but please remember that all custom emojis in the forum represent the Spells8 Forum as a whole - before making an official emoji for the entire Coven to use, I need to make sure we have the rights to use it. It’s important to us as fellow creators to respect the work of others, and it’s extra important that we protect the forum as best we can! :pray:

4 Likes

@BryWisteria I checked and that one also appears in The Complete Book of Demonolatry by S. Connolly (link)

5 Likes

Beautiful, Celestia! :raised_hands: That’s just what we need -as this sigil is featured in multiple places across mediums, that’s a pretty solid sign that it’s general enough that no singular person can claim ownership of it. I think it’ll be okay to emojicize and share with the Coven to use! :grinning:

@Devenne - if you (or someone else) can craft some digital art of the symbol, we can get it added to the forum for all to use and enjoy :blush: :pray:

5 Likes

Yay~ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Now that @starborn is having a little self care break, I could give it a try :black_heart: Any preference for the format?

5 Likes

You’re wonderful, Celestia! :pray:

In terms of the format, I can do things like file type, size, and transparent background on my end - the most important thing about the image itself is it that the image is square :stop_button: . The forum has a hard time “digesting” other shapes, they turn out kind of wonky :crazy_face:

5 Likes

@CelestiaMoon thankyou very much for pulling that up

@BryWisteria idk how to do that lol :sob: :laughing:

5 Likes

Where do you do this at? Lol how do u find where u draw this?

5 Likes

@BryWisteria I’m not surprised you couldn’t find anything on Satan. When you type in Satan Lucifer comes up everytime because so many people think they are one in the same. It has def been a challenge to find anything on Satan

That being said if anyone finds anything on Satan please bring it to my attention. I want all the info I can on him.

3 Likes

Have you checked Pinterest?

4 Likes

No and yes some stuff has popped up when I type Satan but it usually has to do with Lucifer. I’ll take a better look tho. Thanks

3 Likes

I’ll help look I might have a few sites I haven’t checked in along time

4 Likes

@BryWisteria @Devenne How does this look?

4 Likes

I am happy with it thankyou! Do you think it’d look weird if u shorten the tail slightly?

4 Likes

Like this?

4 Likes

Hahaha sorry the other tail baby

4 Likes

Ohhh! :laughing: I can do that :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

It’s ok lol

4 Likes

What’s graphic design without a little back and forth? :sweat_smile:
The feedback is welcome, I want it to be perfect for you :black_heart:
How about this?