Enneagram- insight map to assist us with knowledge

Go to 9types.com Happy New Moon Everyone!!!
My Witchy findings!!!
The reformer rational, idealistic, principled, purposeful, self-controlled, perfectionistic

The Helper caring, Generous, Interpersonal, Demonstrative, people pleasing, possessive

The Achiever- Success-Orientated, Pragmatic, Adaptive, Excelling, Driven, Image conscious
Individualist - sensitive, with-drawn, expressive, dramatic, self absorbed, Temperamental

The Investigator- intense , perceptive, innovative, secretive, isolate

The loyalist -Committed ,Security-Orientated, Engaging, responsible, anxious, suspicious

The Enthusiastic- Busy, fun-loving, spontaneous, versatile, distracted, scattered,

The Challenger-Powerful, dominating, self-confidence, decisive, willful, confrontational

The Peace Maker -Easy Going self-Effacing, Receptive, Reassuring, Agreeable, complacent

The enthusiastic - Fun Loving, Distracted,

6 Likes

I got Number 7, The Adventurer.

Adventurers are energetic, lively, and optimistic. They want to contribute to the world.

It resonates! :grin:

This reminds a bit of the MBTI personality tests (like the 16 Personalities Test)- I have a fun time filling these out and learning about personalities :raised_hands:

But while they are fun to do, I actually had a few jobs in the past that made me take these tests when starting a new position! Having to do them in a new workplace made the fun tests suddenly stressful :sweat: There was even one workplace where each office printed out our results and we had team meetings based on personality type :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

I got 4. The Artist.

Type 4: The Artist. The intuitive, reserved type.

I’ve got to say that sounds like me. LOL. Thanks for the link!

5 Likes

Type 2: The Helper. The caring, nurturing type.

In some ways that surprised me but I guess it makes sense after my hospital stay in September that I’d have a slight personality change. :upside_down_face:

Thank you for sharing the link. :grin: It was a fun break in what I’m normally doing.

5 Likes

I am glad you guys enjoyed this fun and creative way to get to know yourself!!
I feel like this is my ultimate goal to know myself to the core!!!
It’s nice we’re all getting to know each other that’s so cool :sunglasses:
Looks like I am a number 7 The Helper
The Helper caring, Generous, Interpersonal, Demonstrative, people pleasing, possessive
Happy New moon :full_moon_with_face:

4 Likes

This is interesting to me. I’ve heard of Enneagram before, but I don’t entirely know what it’s based on. Anyway, I took the Enneagram test from Truity (it has more questions and I feel is more accurate) and got Number Six.

Sixes are defined by their desire for safety and security. They seek to anticipate and avoid risk, and to ally themselves with trustworthy authority figures and institutions. Sixes are alert and vigilant, always thinking several steps ahead to anticipate and prepare for what could go wrong.

Sixes fear being unprepared and unable to defend themselves from danger. To cope with this fear, they attempt to be prepared for every possible turn of events.

I mean, it’s not wrong. I think Enneagram types can change over the course of your life, right? Because as I work through my own shadow, some of these concepts and answers to the questions might change. Right now it is very much influenced by my current situation and past traumas.

Thanks for sharing @Jeannie1 – I look forward to taking the test again in the future and seeing if there is any change.

6 Likes

Where are you guys finding this stuff??? I am really in the company of my peers!! Where have you been all my life? … You are all talking my language today… I studied Enneagrams in my Masters Program. VERY helpful and interesting self exploration. :+1: Thanks for sharing @Jeannie1.
I’m a 2

5 Likes

Do you have any sources to share? I had never heard of Enneagrams until…a month or two ago? I’d love to learn more about them!

5 Likes

@MeganB
There are a few of these assessments out there. You’re challenging my brain to try to remember all of them. But Russ Hudson was one of the developers and he has a bunch of Youtube presentations.

https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Enneagram-Psychological-Spiritual-Personality/dp/0553378201/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=Enneagram&qid=1605631360&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzVFpEQkNORkExVVFPJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODM2NTUwMkdaVjNWS0hLRVQ1WCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjE0NDY1MVhRSlpINzhEUlRTViZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

There are other studies that deal with THE 5 LOVE LANGUAGE (by Dr. Gary Chapman)… which is also really cool.

5 Likes

I got the Eight, the Asserter. Asserters are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.

It’s funny how we all got different numbers!

I agree with @MeganB in that sometimes when I’m answering these type of tests, I’m not sure if I should answer as I am today or as I once was.

My personality has changed a lot throughout my life and I feel I identify both with where I used to be and with where I am today.

5 Likes

MEAGAN I think you’re right the Enneagram it does change over time and you do have to keep checking because people change! I have changed over the course of this year’s extravagantly! I’m all about change baby!
Jeannie

2 Likes

Berta,
That’s funny we’re both a aunt too!!! No way that’s so cool :sunglasses: We must be like minded!! Walka Waka waka waka! That’s so interesting that you did this in your masters program! Honestly I just stumbled on it and thought I would share with the group!!
I thought you would find it interesting :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Francisco,
I think it’s insightful for people who need more help figuring out what way to go! For example me I love divination. I believe in Carl jung and all these personality test because it helps me to figure it all out!
Gives me more directions! Gives me a :compass: compass!
Lord knows I need it!!
Jeannie

4 Likes

I actually have this book! I haven’t read it yet because it was given to me and lord knows I haven’t found time for much, but it is definitely on my list of things to read!

It makes sense that it would change for this. I know there are some things that are just foundational to who we are, but I would be curious to see someone do this again in a few months (or even a year) and see what happens!

2 Likes

I found this on WIKI How… If you do Numerology your birthday and your name have meaning. My birthday makes me a 5 and I chose a coven name to match a 5 Gwena Staw … Just another fun piece of the personality puzzle. I agree with many of you (@Francisco, @Jeannie1) who suggest that our personality changes over time. We cannot help but be molded by environment and social contact. We can in many ways CHOOSE how life molds our personality… and it is in choice that we grow -stronger, or weaker - open or closed - happy or bitter - content or depressed …etc.

5 Likes

Megan were constantly changing so I’ll be willing to take a test in a couple months to see if I have Changed yet! I’m struggling with change!
Jeannie

3 Likes

Berta,

I don’t know what a consonant is!
?

4 Likes

Hello @Jeannie1 a consonant is not a vowel… so anything other than A E I O or U… and sometimes Y… is a consonant. So they are talking about the SOUL number and the PERSONALITY number… The name JOHN has only one vowel - O and counts for 6 and SMITH has one vowel -I that counts for 9 … those 2 vowels add up to 15 (added together) = 6
You do the same process with just the consonants (not VOWELS) and that would be the JHN and SMTH that adds up to 29 (added together ) =2
Does that help?

4 Likes

Berta,
That makes sense, I am interested to see my soul number!
I like this one better than the enneagram! :hibiscus::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Jeannie

4 Likes

I got 4 the artist. :grin:
Thank you for this. I’ve put the website to my Bookmarks, so I can read more about it.
Blessed Be,

3 Likes