Exploring Natal Charts

Thank you Francisco, I will explore the possibilities with my wife :slight_smile:

Additionally, I was reading Thea Sabin’s book ‘wicca for beginners’ and when reading about the elements I had a thought. Even before I knew of Wicca, I’ve always felt a connection or a draw towards the Earth element. but my astrological sign falls under Air. Is it normal not to attune to your “birth” element. Is birth element even a term?

8 Likes

That’s a good point, I wondered the same thing for a long time until I had my natal chart done for the first time. When I looked deeper into Astrology, I realized that my “sign” (mine is Aquarius) is just one part of the bigger picture.

Aquarius is really my Sun sign: The sign where the sun was at the time of my birth. Astrologers say that the sun sign is responsible for our main traits and some of our deepest wishes in life.

But at the same time I was born, there were many other planetary influences happening too:

• My Moon sign is Leo. This is similar to the sun sign, but instead of the
    position of the sun, we look at the moon’s position. For astrologers, this sign has to do with emotions and sensibility. More specifically, the way in which we express our feelings and is determined by the lunar sign or Moon sign.

• Another big influence, according to astrology, is the Ascending sign, which is opposite to the Sun sign, and is related to the mask that we put on to face our social relationships. Mine is Capricorn.

I identify with some traits of each of those signs and their ruling elements. But there are other planets that can also count towards your whole being (such as Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, etc).

You can have traits that correspond to Earth because there are probably many Earth signs (Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn) in other places of your natal chart besides your sun sign.

The best thing you can do is talk to an astrologer and have your natal chart done. If you want a free option, try this online Natal Chart calculator. It’s not great because it’s an automated reading. It’s always best to find an astrologer for a custom reading.

Astrology can be really complicated, but it’s super interesting! I hope that helped you to learn a bit more!

Cheers!

11 Likes

I Just used the link for the online Natal Chart calculator. Thank you for including the link. After reading the first half, I had to take a break because it was freaking me out! I have never really been compatible with descriptions of Gemini before, I thought it was because I was born on the cusp of Taurus, nope! Every single detail from my Natal chart was completely accurate!

5 Likes

I’m glad you were able to gain more insight about your chart!

The best experiences I had with astrology were during in-person consultations with astrologers I liked. If you can befriend someone who practices astrology in your city, you will always get a lot more insight with a custom reading. I can’t recommend an online service but some of the most well-known today (if you can afford them) are Ray Couture and Cassandra Tyndall.

4 Likes

Thank you for giving me suggestions! I wouldn’t know where to start to find a reliable source.

6 Likes