Exploring the Mystical

Merry meet to you all! From Washington State. New to following any order, or practice, but not new to some mystical things…told by a psychic more than once that “I walk close to the vail” - not quite sure what that means, but maybe a Hedge or Green witch, aside from being the “doctor” in the family. Looking forward to exploring where my magic(s) lie and building on it within a supportive and close community.

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum @lisa67! I’m Siofra_Strega a moderator here in the forum & from Cape Cod. My brother was stationed in Washington for a bit. Thats where he & his son started to learn snowboarding & now they love to spend that time together.

Generally speaking the “veil” is the when the l suppose, line between the living realm & afterlife, otherworld, is the thinnest. So easy to crossover or connect with ancestors & loved ones. Usually Samhain & Beltane are when the veil is thinnest. So it would relate more to I’d say Hedge witchery.
There may be someone that can explain it a little better.

I hope you’re finding your way around okay! There’s a wealth of knowledge on the Spells8 site & within the forum. So if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Someone will be along to help you as soon as they can & at least get you pointed in the right direction. :hugs:

If you have anything to share with us, please also feel free to start your own topic or jump in on any open topic. We love to learn also! :heart:

I look forward to chatting with you more! :infinite_roots:

7 Likes

TY Soifra! Looking forward to learning more. Thank you for clarifying “veil” from my poor use of “vail” - yes, it his is what I meant. I have had episodes of deja vu and have dreamt about things that have come to pass. Are the comments in the challenges from the travel witch has piqued my interest so I will be looking for Hedgers. Blessed be!

8 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @lisa67

It’s nice to meet you, Lisa, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. I walk a path of Light and Dark, to me, it feels like I travel to different levels (realms, dimensions). Perhaps I am walking close to the veil :thinking: I am a healer and lightworker, so I am also looking for answers to facilitate healing!

I recommend starting with the Courses!
There are lots of friendly and helpful people here so if you have any questions, just ask! Q&A We are here for you, Lisa, welcome to the family. :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

9 Likes

@lisa67 you will find that we have many witches that have a varied practice. Some don’t really have labels on their practice at all! I now just say I’m a witch, as I have evolved multiple times in my practice. Many do practice Hedge Witchery along with other aspects of the craft the resonate with them. I’m sure you will hear from them & if you have questions about it you can always ask & someone will get back to you!

We now have a masterpost about Astral Travel & Projection that has a lot of past posts & questions on the topic all in one place too! :dizzy: Astral Travel & Astral Projection along with the Weekly Challenge this week on Time Magick, where I believe that it’s mentioned :watch: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - It’s Time for Time Magick there may be other challenges that have themes surrounding hedge magic or astral travel, if you go through Weekly Witchy Challenges :fire: A History

Have a fun & if you find something of interest feel free to comment or ask any questions that you may have! :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

Hi @lisa67! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I second going for the courses, they’ll help you get started on your research on what type of witch you’re gonna be. Or you could do like a lot of us and go Eclectic! That’s always fun and there’s always something new to learn.

If you have any questions, ask and someone will pop up to help you. I look forward to getting to know you!

6 Likes

Eclectic - love the word alone :two_hearts:. I am currently checking out the courses and learning, and doing the daily’s. I need to invest in more candles! :rofl:

6 Likes

Hi Lisa,

I use the word Eclectic because I have so many interests, it just covers everything! :rofl: I could use words like, unique, peculiar, different, and maybe even strange :thinking: It would be funny to say Weird! I have always felt different, all of those ’ labels’ seem to fit me, in one way or another. Just rambling…

With much love :heart:

6 Likes

Eclectic is perfect! :two_hearts: I actually associate eclectic with intriguing austere originality, but weird does not come to mind. I feel I will love it here :relieved:

6 Likes

Thank you @lisa67 I love this, and I just want to tell you that you just put a big smile on my face! :smiling_face:

Maybe Eccentric is better than Weird!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @lisa67 :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

I’m just hopping on the welcome wagon to give you an official welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here! :tada:

5 Likes

I’ve got a large collection of chime candles now, but I mainly use white every day. White can take the place of any color so if all you’ve got is some tea candles, you’re still in the good!

4 Likes

@Amethyst I have quite the collection of chime candles too :laughing: I use mostly white, then red & black.

I have jar candles for protection (black) & purification/healing (white) that I keep on my altars too. They have herbs & some oils on/in them. I like to keep them lit while I’m in my space. :smiling_face:

I do use candles :candle: & found out that they are a good way to work with each element in a pinch or otherwise. Flame :fire_element: (the flame), air :air_element: (oxygen to keep the flame), water :water_element: (melting wax), earth :earth_element: (the solid wax to make the candle). So that was exciting because I’m trying to connect more with each element. Water & I have been besties forever though :rofl:

4 Likes

Merry meet @lisa67,

Apologies for the late reply- I’m Bry, another moderator here in the forum and I just wanted to pop in and wish you a very warm welcome! :blush:

I hope you’re finding everything you are looking for! If you ever need any help, know that you are always welcome to reach out. Your new coven is a very friendly one, as I imagine you can already see! :infinite_roots: :heart:

Hope to talk with you more soon- Blessed be :sparkles:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.