Family Newsletter Stone Spirits

So I had a section of my left hand removed it did, and still, hurts like a mf. This has slowed me down and frustrated most efforts to do anything at all but its creeping towards healing. OOOEEE ouchie. Anyways all activity is measured against pain and available energy, so it’s taken awhile to organize this post. I introduced the Stone Spirit family over their holiday get together, and here it is Spring. Francisco inquired about mamacita, she was hanging out in a garden area which recently emerged. Now that it’s nicer the rest have joined her, kicking it in Tiger Garden. Her brother the Tibetan priest is in solitary meditation and fasting preparing for the coming Spring religious celebrations.

7 Likes

According to Dr. Dr. Bolash of Cleveland Clinic, 5 Ways to Deal With Phantom Limb Pain After Amputation – Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic. I’m not sure I did this right, if not someone will tell me and show me how. Welcome home Sara5 and a sincere blessed be.

4 Likes

The tigers look so excited to receive the first bloom of spring!! :blossom:

4 Likes

Beautiful stone gardens, @sara5! :heart_eyes: Wishing you rest from the pain and good health. To you and yours, sending good wishes for a very blessed Spring celebration season! :blush::pray::blossom:

2 Likes

Lovely stones! I wish you well too! That sounds as if it should hurt, my hand hurts in sympathy pains. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

2 Likes

A section of bone was removed from my hand. This is still very to excrutiatingly painful, not the usual 6 weeks to heal but 3-6 months. In previous times, one was made reasonably comfortable w painkiller medication but its currently for all intents and purposes illegal. I had the surgery done because I destroyed the joints with heavy labor, and even counting in surgery the right hand is hurts almost as much as the left. The objective is restored joint mobility with little or no constant pain. So basically I have had crippled hands since surgery, I don’t know when its going to be healed because it’s taking so long, and I’m good for reading, TV watching, and, ironically, modified digging or heavy work that allows me to isolate the thumb and use my fingers curled for weight transfer. Frustrating, maddening, and its made me crabbier than before. Exhaustion from both the effort required to do anything at all such as tie shoelaces, button my pants, zip up a jacket or fix my hair, write, etc., and the constant underlying pain. When I do any task it takes approximately 3-4 times as long. Count your blessings folks cuz u ain’t me. I hate being sick, what can i say.

3 Likes

That’s the problem with phantom pain, there’s nothing there to hurt but your nerve endings still react as though it still is. I hope the pain starts to fade.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear about the suffering your hand is causing you, @sara5. Phantom pain sounds very difficult. You are in my thoughts and I am sending healing love and light your way! :pray::candle:

3 Likes