Favorite go-to candles? šŸ•Æ

Thatā€™s a first-class review, Iā€™ll have to give them a try!

I want a copy of the novel too!! :laughing:

5 Likes

I LOVE candles! Even outside of any witch sense! Iā€™ve only ever done a whopping total of 3 spells and theyā€™ve all been candle spells. And I know itā€™s noted to not go out and buy a bunch of stuff as a beginner but the excitement of trying and my love of candles made me do it ha! I didnā€™t go too overboard. I got a pack of 100 white unscented tea lights at Walmart for $4, a few chime candles in gold, silver, red and yellow - just one of each - at $0.40! I went to the dollar store and got what I thought was a boat load of colored candles - you know the smaller ones in glass jars with a lid? Well I got home and realized they are all white! Itā€™s just the jar that has a colored tint!! I was so disappointed! I bought maybe 7 of them lol! But as much as I love candles, I didnā€™t want to return them. So you cleansed everything that I bought from all the stores and decided to keep them. Theyā€™re still good and they have a nice scent. Oh well live and learn lol!

Question for anyone - I did also like working with the chime candles. The place I purchased them from only had a limited amount of colors so I hope to purchase more at another metaphysical shop that has them at a similar price. My concern is the size. Is there a standard chime candle size? I only have 2 candle holders and so far they fit the candles from the first shop. Just worried if I get different ā€œbrandsā€ that they wonā€™t fit the holders.

6 Likes

Congrats, @praecog29! You wrote a stunning review- Iā€™m glad they featured it! :blush:

And they raise a good question: ā€œWould you find a ā€˜winterā€™ candle refreshing in the summertime?ā€

My answer to this is absolutely yes! :laughing: I love the nostalgia of seasonal cents that you only get outside of their ā€˜assigned seasonā€™. I think I enjoy the smell of pumpkin spice or balsam pine even more in the spring or summer when the holidays seem far away! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

As someone who doesnā€™t use fitted candle holders, I have to admit this is something I never paid attention to! :laughing: But I imagine it is probably like buying clothes- each company has their own molds, so it makes sense if the size varies a bit.

Before buying a new set of candles, it may be a good idea to double check the measurements (usually written on the package or website description)- that way you should be able to make sure that any new candles will fit in your holders :candle: :+1:

Good luck and have fun with candles- collecting them can quickly become a hobby! :grin:

5 Likes

I totally agree, For me I wonder from time to time the same thing but never really checked. :woman_shrugging:

What I can recommend is if your candle holders are small enough to carry with you, you can do so to fit the candles in just to check for the perfect fit before purchase.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a great point, Nick! :grin: :+1: That way youā€™d know for sure not just if the candles fits, but also if they make a good aesthetic match with the new candles holders! :candle:

4 Likes

Good idea! Thank you all for the tips!

6 Likes

Robin,
I went and bought a whole bunch of candles! I like to use taper candles but it takes longer to burn so if you get the bees wax kind they burn faster! You donā€™t have to watch it for so long! I never could get a meditation and burn a candle cause It would feel like a eternity!
So know I like going with the the chimes till all my taper candles are gone. I have lots of candle holders! I like the 6 inch taper candles! There smaller than 8 or 10! Well I appreciate the tea candle circle ritual that is in the circle that was really enlightening! (Peace of mind ritual)those were with 9 white tea light candles :candle:
Jeannie
Blessed be

4 Likes

It sounds like you have quite the candle collection, @Jeannie1! :candle: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I think itā€™s a very smart idea to have a variety of candles that burn at different rates. Then you will always have the perfect candle, whether you are doing a long ritual or just a quick spell! :grin::sparkles:

3 Likes