Feeling strangely lonely tonight

@Satu_TheGreenWitch Big hugs to you, Satu- always happy to help! :heart::people_hugging: And I’m glad you’re feeling much better today :blush:

If you ever need another boost of love and support, you know where to go! :revolving_hearts:

8 Likes

I have the feeling periodically too and now that you’ve mentioned it, whenever someone tells me that something is going wrong for them, I immediately am sympathetic and get an overwhelming feeling to try to solve their issue for them…whether they ask me to or not. I don’t necessarily act on this feeling but it’s for sure there. It can be debilitating. I never thought of myself as an empath but it could be the case. I’m going to read the book you recommended and learn a bit more. I assume there are coping mechanisms for empaths as I’d be very interested in knowing what those are.
Thanks as always @Susurrus…you’re a gem :gem:

8 Likes

@Satu_TheGreenWitch, I feel like everyone had valuable insights here. I know that I am affected by the new moon myself and am an empath like @Susurrus, so I have had to learn strong, clear boundaries (well, I’m working on it anyway!) and how to shield and protect myself energetically. As a reiki healer and teacher, I channel that energy to keep myself aligned as well. Are you familiar with reiki? That may help a lot. The first thought that popped up when I read your post, however, was that you might be “leveling up” spiritually. Sometimes when we’re learning and integrating so much new knowledge and especially when we’ve met our “tribe” (like the coven :smiley:) our ego actually mourns the loss of our old ways, regardless of how unhealthy they may have been. I hope this helps and I am sending you love, light, and high-vibrational energy. :heart: :sparkles:

9 Likes

So you have an interesting and though provoking take as well. Funnily enough, I have heard of reiki as my husband has attained his second degree (Okuden) certification years ago but he does not actively conduct reiki now. I will say that occasionally he will give me a shoulder massage or head/neck massage and can almost immediately find every deep knot I have and work out the knot. It’s uncanny. I will chat with him about this more as maybe he can really help me. Incidentally, I’m sure he would have offered but I didn’t communicate to him how I was feeling the other night when I wrote my message here.
Also, the idea you proposed about me perhaps “leveling up” makes sense too. Since my coming into the craft last year in June, I have spent much time and effort in learning all I can and then reaching out for the first time to this coven just a month ago on top of that. I’m glad for all of it but you’re right…it has definitely changed a lot about me and how I go about most things now. All good ways but I may be subconsciously mourning a loss of some kind.
Anyhow, such good advice from you and everyone else and I am eternally grateful for the love and support from all of you. Thank you so much :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:

8 Likes

You’re very welcome, and I hope your husband can help with reiki treatments! I know; it’s funny how we sometimes forget to reach out to the most obvious and accessible people. It’s usually when I need people the most that I isolate myself. I’m working on that. :smiley: I hope you know that you are never truly alone, and I’m glad you’re a member of the coven! :heart: :sparkles:

4 Likes

Yes, I have also been experiencing this for a while now. I can’t stay on task for my interests, such as steadily participate and meet new people on here to talk to. I have an open community of people right here, and still feel lonely. Friends - I see my best friend daily, yet again lonely. House full of my bf, his kids, and my kid but somehow lonely. Idk what it is but I’m trying to rly change it now.

7 Likes

Hugs to you, @Janae_Rochele! :hugs: I’m sorry to hear that you’re feeling this way, but I hope you know that you’re not alone. Have you thought about joining the book club here? 📖 Spells8 Book Club XIV (Jan 14 - Feb 11) it might be something small to create an energy shift. I am going to join in the next one coming up. Just an idea. I’m not sure why it popped into my head. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

This Sounds like an interesting idea. I am looking into this rn. Great idea for real. I love to read!!

6 Likes

Same…but I have been doing an immense deep dive in my shadow work. Then lost a soul to covid. I was with her thru the last couple days of her transition, it was not an easy one…I cannot focus, mostly no desire to do anything. I know it sounds like depression and grief and to some extent it is. But there is def more going on with me…I can’t explain it…suggested paths???

7 Likes

I’m dealing with grief of my sons father passing 6 months ago. It’s so hard and everything seems to be okay but I’m not okay. Everyone is here but I’m not here. I shouldn’t be this depressed, lost and sad. I get it. I feel like it’s something but idk what yet. But I feel it in my body. I just feel super alone. :confused::confused::confused:

7 Likes

@Janae_Rochele I would love to join the book club with you
I also love to read. Maybe if we know we are united with friends and sisterhood, it maybe a little less foggy in our realities.

6 Likes

Yes, I am very new to this. So if you want to suggest a book, I am completely fine with that. I would love to do that. It sounds so fun and very opening to us to not feel that sense of loneliness. I love it. Message me what ya have in mind!!! :blush::blush::blush:

6 Likes

I’ll do some research. I would like to keep it light,
to allow us a break of reality. I will message you by tomorrow evening :blush:

6 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that, @CourtneyTann. That is rough. :hugs: Are there any physical activities you like? Maybe you could do something fun like dancing or I don’t know why bowling keeps popping into my head. That’s not one I normally think of. Anything you can do to signal to the Universe that you’re ready to move through that thick energy. Grief lives in our lungs and makes it hard to breathe. That’s why any aerobic type of activity would help. Even walking. I don’t know where you live and if it’s easy to get outside with the weather near you, but I hope this helps. :heart:

6 Likes

I think i know what you mean. while the new moon can be a good time for personal reflection and quiet, there is for me, as a solitary, a little bit of melancholy around the sabbats and sometimes, esbats. I think the feeling is a little akin to celebrating a birthday or holiday by yourself (which happened to me a lot during covid). It’s not that the day isn’t special, just feel like you want to share it with someone in person who “gets it” even if he or she isn’t a witch. for me, that’s where my relationship with spirit comes in, and really, my relationship with myself. do we ever give enough time to our relationships with ourselves? Is that why it may feel strange or lonely to give ourselves the time we need to connect with our magic and our innermost needs and those feelings that seem to have some kind of mysterious origin? Maybe. I think it’s a good feeling to lean into, even if it feels a bit uncomfortable, because insights and personal aspirations can surface and make themselves known in these blue periods. If you like to journal or draw or play music, that might be a balm.

7 Likes

@BrightBear…you are truly a blessing. I am in STL, MO. So the winter has a good hold on us right now. And very funny you say bowling. I love to bowl. I haven’t went since before covid shutdown. For one excuse or another. I will def be booking a Lane very soon, maybe this weekend.
Blessed greet and warm hugs

4 Likes

Is a feeling that affect all beings, witches & none witches. Perhaps missing a love from another life.

6 Likes

I’m in Illinois like an hour and half from STL and the snow is ridiculous right now & has been a huge downer!!

5 Likes

Oh, that’s funny about bowling! Usually, when something like that pops into my head it’s a message from Spirit. Hugs. :hugs: :heart:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.