Feeling strangely lonely tonight

I can’t explain why but feeling particularly lonely tonight. My family is here…each in other rooms…and no strife in the house, so I can’t figure out why I’m feeling like this.

I’m trying to focus on the sabbat but I keep drifting to this feeling of melancholy.

Maybe lonely in my solitary witchcraft…? It’s still my preference but I suppose can still feel lonely at times. I don’t know.

Has anyone else experienced this strange loneliness?

14 Likes

I know the feeling, it can come especially at nighttime or if I’ve spent a lot of time doing something my soul really isn’t into… sometimes it can even happen with people around, even loved ones. Distraction can keep it away temporarily but soulful connection is the need for me at least, with myself through meditation or with others. Reading about it can help too, lonerwolf.com is my go to there.

Wishing you well :heart:

10 Likes

Thank you…thank you. I sincerely appreciate your reach out and your suggestion. More helpful than you know. :heart:

9 Likes

Always happy to be a light in the darkness, I know sometimes even a small one can make all the difference :heart:

8 Likes

@Satu_TheGreenWitch, could it be the New Moon that is leaving you feeling drained and possibly lonely? (That sounded like a bad commercial) My first thought without knowing you is the New Moon. I hope you have a restful night and feel better in the morning! Let us know how you are doing as Mother Moon fills with energy; I hope you can feel her blessings filling your heart and soul :waxing_crescent_moon: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

I never thought of that but you may be on to something there. At the very least, you’ve given me something to explore and for that, I’m grateful :blush:

7 Likes

Greetings @Satu_TheGreenWitch! :blush:

You’re not alone, my friend- I think it’s safe to say that all solitary witches (and perhaps even witches in covens sometimes too) deal with loneliness from time to time. But I think you’ve already done the best thing you can do to remedy those feelings- reaching out to other witches for support and solidarity is a great pick-me-up! :heart::handshake:

I’m echoing Mistella about the New Moon- witches who work closely with the moon and are very in tune to nature are likely to feel quite melancholy when the moon fades out of view in the sky. It is a period of rest and reflection that can be bittersweet.

However, rest assured that the New Moon is followed by the Waxing Moon- a time of increase and growth :waxing_crescent_moon: It’s a great time to increase self-confidence, power, and happiness :blush:

Sending a big hug your way, Satu- I hope you chase away the melancholy vibes and feel much better soon! Many blessings! :people_hugging: :two_hearts:

10 Likes

Awh…thanks @BryWisteria :slight_smile: :heart: I truly appreciate the support and the knowledge. Honestly, I didn’t even think about the New Moon and the likely impact it likely was having on me. Between @Mistella and you, I feel so much better today. Sometimes just knowing what it might be, and getting a little friendly support is all we need, eh?

Thanks again to you both :orange_heart:

9 Likes

I have this feeling throughout the year at different times, some worse than others. I can’t really pinpoint an exact timing, but I’m a huge empath & tend to feel others’ emotions & take on their issues as my own & try to deal with my own, but not consciously… hard to explain. BUT! There is a downloadable book (pdf, mobi that can be emailed to your Kindle library) from LonerWolf: Awakened Empath by Luna & Sol of Lonerwolf.com

It is very in-depth & you may also be an empath. I feel things on a much more intense level & actually have a psychiatrist that does psychotherapy & understands empaths, grounding, center, visualization, physical feelings thoughts bring up, breathing all the fun meditation & self-care ways to release pent up energy, clear blockages. Right now I have a block in my throat chakra & she wants to see me weekly. Which I don’t mind. The energy shift & the change in how I feel has been amazing. So I’m willing to do the work :smiling_face:

9 Likes

@Satu_TheGreenWitch Big hugs to you, Satu- always happy to help! :heart::people_hugging: And I’m glad you’re feeling much better today :blush:

If you ever need another boost of love and support, you know where to go! :revolving_hearts:

8 Likes

I have the feeling periodically too and now that you’ve mentioned it, whenever someone tells me that something is going wrong for them, I immediately am sympathetic and get an overwhelming feeling to try to solve their issue for them…whether they ask me to or not. I don’t necessarily act on this feeling but it’s for sure there. It can be debilitating. I never thought of myself as an empath but it could be the case. I’m going to read the book you recommended and learn a bit more. I assume there are coping mechanisms for empaths as I’d be very interested in knowing what those are.
Thanks as always @Susurrus…you’re a gem :gem:

8 Likes

@Satu_TheGreenWitch, I feel like everyone had valuable insights here. I know that I am affected by the new moon myself and am an empath like @Susurrus, so I have had to learn strong, clear boundaries (well, I’m working on it anyway!) and how to shield and protect myself energetically. As a reiki healer and teacher, I channel that energy to keep myself aligned as well. Are you familiar with reiki? That may help a lot. The first thought that popped up when I read your post, however, was that you might be “leveling up” spiritually. Sometimes when we’re learning and integrating so much new knowledge and especially when we’ve met our “tribe” (like the coven :smiley:) our ego actually mourns the loss of our old ways, regardless of how unhealthy they may have been. I hope this helps and I am sending you love, light, and high-vibrational energy. :heart: :sparkles:

9 Likes

So you have an interesting and though provoking take as well. Funnily enough, I have heard of reiki as my husband has attained his second degree (Okuden) certification years ago but he does not actively conduct reiki now. I will say that occasionally he will give me a shoulder massage or head/neck massage and can almost immediately find every deep knot I have and work out the knot. It’s uncanny. I will chat with him about this more as maybe he can really help me. Incidentally, I’m sure he would have offered but I didn’t communicate to him how I was feeling the other night when I wrote my message here.
Also, the idea you proposed about me perhaps “leveling up” makes sense too. Since my coming into the craft last year in June, I have spent much time and effort in learning all I can and then reaching out for the first time to this coven just a month ago on top of that. I’m glad for all of it but you’re right…it has definitely changed a lot about me and how I go about most things now. All good ways but I may be subconsciously mourning a loss of some kind.
Anyhow, such good advice from you and everyone else and I am eternally grateful for the love and support from all of you. Thank you so much :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:

8 Likes

You’re very welcome, and I hope your husband can help with reiki treatments! I know; it’s funny how we sometimes forget to reach out to the most obvious and accessible people. It’s usually when I need people the most that I isolate myself. I’m working on that. :smiley: I hope you know that you are never truly alone, and I’m glad you’re a member of the coven! :heart: :sparkles:

4 Likes

Yes, I have also been experiencing this for a while now. I can’t stay on task for my interests, such as steadily participate and meet new people on here to talk to. I have an open community of people right here, and still feel lonely. Friends - I see my best friend daily, yet again lonely. House full of my bf, his kids, and my kid but somehow lonely. Idk what it is but I’m trying to rly change it now.

7 Likes

Hugs to you, @Janae_Rochele! :hugs: I’m sorry to hear that you’re feeling this way, but I hope you know that you’re not alone. Have you thought about joining the book club here? 📖 Spells8 Book Club XIV (Jan 14 - Feb 11) it might be something small to create an energy shift. I am going to join in the next one coming up. Just an idea. I’m not sure why it popped into my head. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

This Sounds like an interesting idea. I am looking into this rn. Great idea for real. I love to read!!

6 Likes

Same…but I have been doing an immense deep dive in my shadow work. Then lost a soul to covid. I was with her thru the last couple days of her transition, it was not an easy one…I cannot focus, mostly no desire to do anything. I know it sounds like depression and grief and to some extent it is. But there is def more going on with me…I can’t explain it…suggested paths???

7 Likes

I’m dealing with grief of my sons father passing 6 months ago. It’s so hard and everything seems to be okay but I’m not okay. Everyone is here but I’m not here. I shouldn’t be this depressed, lost and sad. I get it. I feel like it’s something but idk what yet. But I feel it in my body. I just feel super alone. :confused::confused::confused:

7 Likes

@Janae_Rochele I would love to join the book club with you
I also love to read. Maybe if we know we are united with friends and sisterhood, it maybe a little less foggy in our realities.

6 Likes