Felix Felicis 💛

My personal Felix Felicis :joy::yellow_heart:

A lovely little tea potion to boost Confidence, Immunity and Luck :four_leaf_clover: This zingy blend is great for the morning and can be severed cold with ice for a refreshing summery twist or with a cinnamon stick for a Christmassy vibe!

Makes 2 cups!

Ingredients:

• A thumb sized piece of fresh ginger
  • 1/2 lime
  • 1/2 lemon
  • A few sprigs of fresh mint leaves
  • A jade crystal (for good luck!)

Method:

1. Peel and thinly slice the ginger :orange_heart: Plan on about using about a one-inch piece of ginger per cup of tea.

2. In a saucepan, combine the ginger with fresh water (use one cup of water per serving so 2 cups with this recipe).

3. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.

4. Reduce the heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer.

5. Whilst simmering, add the lemon and lime juice and mint leaves.

6. Take your crystal :crystal_ball: in your left hand (left for receiving energy) and stir the tea with your right hand (releasing energy). Stir in a clockwise direction to infuse the tea with energy (if you ever want to banish anything stir anti clockwise!)

7. As you stir, say the following:

“Life is sometimes tough,
And the road is sometimes rough,
But my heart is pure and kind,
And I have love in my soul and mind!
My trusty Jade will lead the way,
And give me luck to last all day!”

After 5 minutes of simmering and stirring pour through a fine sieve. Add some honey for sweetness if you desire! :honey_pot:

Ginger benefits: :orange_heart:
Boosts immunity
Relieve nausea
Improve digestion
Reduce inflammation
Fight respiratory problems
Improve blood circulation
Relieve stress

Lime benefits: :green_heart:
Rejuvenates skin
Improves digestion
Fights infections
Helps with weight loss
Lowers blood sugar
Reduces heart disease
Can help prevent cancer
Reduces inflammation

Lemon benefits: :lemon:
Energizes the body and mind
Improved mental clarity
Cleanses and detoxifies
Can help prevent cold and flu
Reduces lipids
Natural antiseptic
Improves insulin
Facilitates iron absorption

Mint benefits: :herb:
Relieves headaches
Improves brain power
Helps Oral health
Relieves nausea
Beats stress and depression
Aids digestion

Enjoy!! :hugs::tea:

NB: It would be remiss for me not to warn you that Felix Felicis should be taken sparingly as it has been known to cause giddiness, recklessness and dangerous overconfidence if taken in excess… It is also a banned substance in all organised competitions such as Quidditch and end of year exams… :joy::joy::joy:

9 Likes

MAHAHAHAHAA :joy: :joy: :joy:
You are my brand of nerdyloser and I adore you :nerd_face::heart:

This Felix Felicis is awesome - beautiful use of jade too - I never think to use crystals in potion making - totally stealing this idea. Hold in left, stir with right. Love it. :star_struck:

6 Likes

Always :joy::joy::joy:

Why thank you! Steal away my dear! :grin::grin::grin:

6 Likes

This sounds wonderful! And it’s close enough to a Sprite to trick our Keeper into drinking Sprite and thinking he drank the potion! LOL.

6 Likes

You all are killing me with the HP references :joy::+1: Love it! And ohhhh @Abs53 you’ve really outdone yourself with this one- it is lovely! :heart_eyes: I bet with the ginger, lemon, and honey this would also be soothing for a sore throat- a real pick-me-up! Thanks for sharing this lovely Liquid Luck, Abs! :heart:

6 Likes

@BryWisteria yes definitely, so soothing!! :heart_eyes:

@Amethyst haha true! I love the Potter nerds here! :joy:

Forgot to say how AMAZING this tea smells when it’s brewing! Made a batch this morning and it was perfection! :ok_hand:t2:

6 Likes

Ooh, what a lovely potion! :heart::blush: I’ll have to make this bc I’ve been having horrible migraines. I find going the natural route helps relieve my pain better.

5 Likes

This will definitely help :blush: I have started infusing my water with lemon, lime, cucumber, mint and ginger and my headaches and general “groggy” head feelings have improved a lot :blush:

4 Likes