First Witch Bottle Blues

I got fascinated with the idea of taglocks when I found this thread:
https://forum.spells8.com/t/self-defense-removing-taglocks-and-dark-magic-k/40091

One of the posts mentioned a witch bottle as a decoy, so I decided to try it.

All I had was a giant juice bottle, but I knew I didn’t have to fill it. I hadn’t rinsed the bottle, so there was still a drop of white cran strawberry juice for sticky sweetness. Having lots of craft supplies helped.

Embroidery floss- many colors to draw in and confuse.
Sequins- to reflect and confuse. (Unicorn shaped for innocence)
Beads I didn’t think I’d use for anything else- to draw in.
Oil mix of ylang ylang, cinnamon, and lemon I’d found here, but cannot find it again- for the positive energy to draw.
Mini bells- to soothe the savage breast.
Foil candy wrappers- to draw in and trap for reflection.
Paper & pencil.

The complex was to be taken over by a company which managed it. Ownership was to officially change hands 3/23, but renovations began in 2020- during the Covid quarantine. People were getting threatening notices on their doors when it was against the law to force them out. There was nowhere for everyone to go. Thus, there were lots of upset people, casting plenty of negativity all over. Renovations had not removed the negativity, and it is now affecting the new, innocent residents and office workers. I was inspired to clean up what was left over.

On one side of the sheet of paper, I wrote my intentions. On the other, I drew a squiggly line with no beginning, no end, and no sharp points- to draw the negativity in and trap it.

As I added each piece of string, I charged it with the positive things which were taken from us. I used bright colors and color coordinated the intentions. I included the general energy of chakras simply because the trauma would have messed up the chakras of most of us residents. The positive energy was to draw in whatever was attracted to it, confuse it into following the long strings and knots, and be trapped by the shiny objects until they could be removed.

I did the spell so early in the morning that my bird hadn’t gotten up, yet; so I didn’t have use of my altar. When I finished adding items, Albus sang for me to turn on the lights and start the day. I carried the bottle through my apartment. It felt good. I began thinking I’d like to keep it close for my own benefit for a while.

Later in the day, I had some mail to send out, so I carried the bottle with me. I live on the second floor, so I took the elevator. It opens out looking at the door of a pair of known witches who seemed to have negative issues with everyone they met. These two were kicked out just like everyone else. Someone else lives there, now. However, their negativity still clings to the public area, which is a crossroads of 3 hallways, an elevator, and a major entryway. I held the bottle between myself and their door, turned the corner, and went to the mail room. Since I had a donation for the free table, I walked past the office- behind the bottle- and entered the glassed in lobby area. I sat at the fireplace a few moments to enjoy the flames, and asked the fire to work with me to remove negativity. Then I went home.

Soon after returning to my apartment, I noticed the bottle wasn’t putting forth the same energy anymore. I began crying over all that had been lost because of Covid and the renovations.

What did I do wrong?

It had been my intention to walk all the halls, elevators, and stairwells of a capital G shaped building, starting on the third floor, drawing in all possible negativity, and throwing out the bottle before heading home. Can I still do that, or did I ruin it already?

9 Likes

Georgia, your spellwork sounds beautiful and very well thought out. Reading through what happened, it makes me think that your spell bottle was actually very good at picking up negative energy- in a space that had so many painful memories in emotions by many people over several years, maybe it was too much and the bottle “overfilled” with negativity to the point that it was leaking out?

It’s also clear that you have a very kind and empathetic heart for the space and its residents :heart:. It’s why you so kindly took the time and energy to make this purifying spell bottle in the first place. But these strong emotional bonds can also be like the strings in your bottle- I think that, going around and reliving the memories of those who were evicted or removed or who suffered may have caused you to accidentally absorb some of that negativity and lingering suffering too.

It’s just a thought from someone looking in on the situation from afar, so take it with a grain of salt! But it does sound to me like your witch bottle was successful, it was just too much negativity for it to handle all at once.

If I can, I’d gently recommend releasing the energy you trapped within the bottle (somewhere peaceful, or perhaps in a cleansing ritual with water, salt, and calming music) to lay it to rest. And then treating yourself to some well-deserved self love and care.

Sending big hugs and lots of love your way, Georgia :people_hugging::heart: Blessed be!

14 Likes

I awoke early and ambitious, so I chose to walk the rest of the halls with the bottle. It took 40 minutes and wore me out. I took a bath afterward and started laundry. That may be all I do for today, but it is done to the best of my ability.

While I crossed the catwalk from the third floor above my hallway and the top of the G, I found myself looking out over Albuquerque toward the Sandia Mountains in diamond studded darkness. It felt as though the city itself were drawing me to bring my bottle and walk the streets! I can’t do any more right now, but I’m considering bus trips around town just to allow the bottle to work more Magick in my favorite town.:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

The most troublesome area seemed to be less intense than last time. Thus, the bottle may have been overwhelmed for the moment, but I feel it is working! I chose to pass that area last on my walk so other areas could get the best effect. When I got tired, I focused on the bottle in case I was attracting negativity to myself as well as to the bottle; and when I got home, I could feel energy flowing from me into the bottle. Thus, I’m inclined to think I was a bigger target than the bottle, temporarily.

9 Likes

Hooray! :heart: I’m glad your spell bottle is working as you hoped. It sounds like a really lovely thing to do for the area and its residents.

Makes sense to me!

I’m glad it all worked out in the end :blush: Great work, Georgia! :two_hearts:

9 Likes

I don’t have anything else to add because I think @BryWisteria gave the best answer :clap: I’m just coming in to offer love and support - you’re doing wonderfully! :revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

Thank you!:gift_heart:

9 Likes

It was a success then. Wonderful news! :smile:

I don’t have anything to add, but like Megan, hope to simply offer some love and support. It brings me joy to see things work out for you and your enthusiasm is beautifully infectious. :black_heart:

9 Likes

Thank You @starborn .

Day 3: Sore muscles from not being used to exercizing so much. Continuing to do stretches and get rest. Minor crankiness. The bottle is helping quite a bit with localized negativity. Another mail run with the bottle, and the apartment at the base of the elevator may be cleared.

9 Likes

This is really cool you have so many awesome ideas :grin:

9 Likes

Thank you. So do you.:sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Made me smile :grin: first smile of the day awarded to @georgia :tada::tada:

10 Likes

Today is a Great day for a smile! The sun is rising earlier and earlier, now. Birds are nesting. I hope your weather is getting nicer and things are getting done smoothly!

10 Likes

I know I was soaking it up in my car on the way to work. I need some heat some fire some sun! Great balls of :fire:

9 Likes

sending-sun

sun-hugs

cat-sun
(Tenor)

10 Likes

Ahhhhh that’s so much better. :grin:

10 Likes

That’s another thing New Mexico is great for: Sunshine!:sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

When I drove through New Mexico it was winter and so cold at night. Man does the temp change after sun down.

10 Likes

Sounds familiar. In the city, the buildings and black top roads hold a little heat after sunset, but clear skies let the heat escape fairly quickly. It’s hard to know how to dress in winter if we’re going outdoors for any length of time. We can start the morning in the refrigerator 40°) and get up to 60° by noon or soon after.

The real trick is humidity. This time of year, we actually have enough to make a difference in how cold it feels.

Oh, and don’t wear black in the sunshine this time of year. You will broil, and the air is chilly enough to catch a cold.

Summer dressing is relatively easy: wear a hat or an umbrella to keep the sun off, and take water everywhere! I once read in a Nancy Drew mystery that we can ease dehydration by mixing salt and sugar in water.

10 Likes

What about a sun cleanse ?. The sun cleanses any thing negative even bad dreams on a dream catcher, then recharge it under a full moon

6 Likes

I agree- cleansing with solar magick is a lovely way to chase away any darkness captured within a magickal tool! :sun_with_face: :sparkles:

7 Likes