Florida Water Recipe

There are many Florida water recipes but this is how I usually make it.

Florida Water Recipe

Florida water is a traditional American cologne water recipe adopted by southern practitioners of the hoodoo and voodoo tradition to cleanse the home and use in rituals. Originally named as the American version of Eau de Cologne in the 1800’s.

Its strong magical properties have made it an essential in Hoodoo, Voodoo, Santeria, Wicca, and Witchcraft practices.

Florida water is a powerful non-water based spiritual cologne/spiritual bleach.

Florida water is used in many spiritual communities. Most practitioners consider it to be a MUST-have tool.

Primary use = cleansing & offerings

Florida water can be purchased at Walmart or online for $3 - $4

Items:

• Isopropyl alcohol (use 70% or higher to smell stronger)
  • Container
  • Rosemary (preserve properties & energy)
  • Hibiscus (attract love)
  • Red rose (elevate vibrations to state of love)
  • Cinnamon (power & success)
  • Lavender (peace of mind/relaxation)
  • Chamomile (extra potency)
  • Bay leaves (strengthen psychic abilities)
  • Palo santo (cleansing)
  • Tangerine oil (promote energy & strength)
  • Clove oil (broad-spectrum protection)
  • Lemongrass oil (psychic cleansing/opening)
  • Salt (purification & protection)

Uses:

• Protection
  • Cleansing
  • Attract prosperity
  • Cleanse altar and tools
  • Apply to wrist, neck, ankles, or 3rd eye
  • Add to perfume
  • Add to bathwater or mop water
  • Scent cures depression
  • Headaches

Safety:

Do not use it on pets.

Keep away from genitals or eyes.

Flammable.

1. Add all herbs to the container
  2. Add all essential oils to the container
  3. Add isopropyl alcohol
  4. Let it soak for at least 2-3 weeks (8 weeks max)

Florida water offering:

To give an offering pour the Florida water in a bowl and put it on your altar.

Florida water spiritual enhancement trick:

This is a sacred rare trick from ancestors to boost intuition

1. Get a bowl of spring water
  2. Add some drops of Florida water (use intuition to measure how much you add)
  3. Put an amethyst crystal in a bowl
  4. Place your hands in the water and rub them together while saying a prayer

Credits: Iyana The Alchemest TV

More ways to use Florida water:

Florida water can be used for cleansing (its effect is very similar to smudging),

Use it to clean your altar space.

As a spell component.

Just opening a bottle and leaving it in a room is said to purify the air of bad spirits and energies.

You can put it in a spray bottle as a spiritual “disinfectant,” anoint doors and windows with it.

Pour it into a bowl and place it on the altar as an offering, as a thank you gift to the Spirit(s)s/God(s) you are working with.

Use it in your bath by adding a few drops in the water to cleanse your aura and rejuvenate the senses.

Cleanse your magical items and crystals with a cloth and Florida Water.

Put some Florida Water in your palms and clap them together and rub to raise vibrations and to give you a quick energy boost.

Use it to dress candles for magical spells that include protection, communication with spirits, cleanings, breaking hexes and curses, removing malicious magic.

Florida water can quickly re-balance your vibration and is the perfect “chill out” after a long, stressful day. Grab that spray bottle and spray away! (Just be sure not to get it in your eyes.)

10 Likes

Thank you, @carter1. If you want to see some of the variations others from Spells8 have shared, here are a few.

5 Likes

I love Florida water but I’ve never made it because I don’t buy alcohol (like vodka). One day, I’ll purchase some but I prefer other ways to cleanse. Thank you for the recipe though! :blush:

4 Likes

I have made it before but I really love using the essential oil version in my diffusers. I do think that since it’s the beginning of the fall season, I will make it in a simmer pot version, that smells so very good.

I don’t normally buy alcohol, not really what you would call a drinker, so when I buy the pint of whatever is labeled vodka but not a ton of money, the girls know that I am up to something. One of the cashiers knows what I am doing, but it’s fun to keep the others guessing. Since I only make it about once a year around this time, the must think it’s a Halloween thing that I’m doing. Lol :rofl:

4 Likes

Haha that’s funny to keep them guessing :rofl:

3 Likes

I was reading the simmering recipe and think I do this Friday night. Make the house smell amazing. And if I can clean everything with citrusy smells even better :purple_heart:

3 Likes