Making Florida Water

Since I found what Florida water is, I have not used any other cleaners, I use it for everything!

My recipe is- Put in large pot the following:

• 4 oranges cut up,
  • 4 lemons cut up,
  • 2 limes cut up,
  • 1.66 oz pkg of the following fresh: (you can use dried if need be) Rosemary, Tyme, Basil
  • 4-5 pcs cinnamon stick broke up,
  • 2 tbl anise star,
  • 2 tbl whole cloves,
  • 1/4 c Mugwort.

Pour fresh, or distilled or creek water over the top to fill pan, Bring to a rolling boil, turn down to barely simmer, stir several times adding water.

I simmer it about 4-5 hrs, then shut it off and cover and let sit overnight.

Strain and I put mine into 1 gallon Vinegar containers, I make 3 gallons at a time, fill the vinegar container about 1/4 full of spring water.

Put in one small container of rubbing alcohol, pour in cooked strained fruit mixture, top off with vinegar.

Use your own judgement on how much you want to make at a time and how much water, and alcohol to put in.

7 Likes

Great post! Thanks for the recipe! :clap: :clap:

Do you use it as a floor wash? Would it be suitable for a house with pets?

2 Likes

You can use it as a floor wash, take a bath in it, eat it if you want to, nothing is toxic or hazardous in it, except for the little bit of rubbing alcohol and that is very diluted. We have two cats and two dogs and I use it on everything.

4 Likes

I would like to add Mugwort should not be consumed by pregnant women as it can cause miscarriage.

Awesome recipe! I’m stealing now! LOL!

4 Likes

Yes, there is very little of it in the 3 gallons, I really don’t expect anyone to eat it, but they could if they had to, its not toxic…Keep Stealing! You have to catch up with me…LOL :yum: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like