Frankincense Oil

Does and know of a Frankincense Oil receipt for opening the Third Eye?

13 Likes

I’ve never tried to make it, but maybe in you grind up some frankincense and add it to a carrier oil (cocoanut or olive oil) and let it infuse for a while, it may work. Sounds like a good experiment to try.

13 Likes

I have not tried it but I have read exactly what @Ostara posted. Think she hit the proverbial nail on the head with her response. :purple_heart::purple_heart:

13 Likes

I’m going to try it. I know I have some frankincense around here somewhere. I need to organize so I can find things.

13 Likes

There’s an all-purpose anointing oil blend that might be useful:

• 1 drop of cedarwood essential oil (Cedrus atlantica) for consecration
  • 1 drop of clove essential oil (Syzygium aromaticum) to dispel negativity
  • 2 drops of frankincense essential oil (Boswellia carteri) for purification
  • 2 tablespoons of carrier oil
9 Likes

Curiosity finally got the better of me and I had to google it to see if that was indeed an option and it is!

These are instructions for making an oil infusion of Frankincense
(not Frankincense essential oil, that’s a more complicated process)

To begin the process, start by grinding the frankincense resin into a fine powder. Then, combine it with a carrier oil of your choice, such as blackseed oil, to create a potent mixture. Heat the mixture gently and allow it to steep for a period of time, allowing the frankincense resin to infuse into the carrier oil. Once the steeping process is complete, filter the oil to remove any impurities, resulting in a pure and fragrant frankincense oil. (Source)

A different and a bit more detailed instructions

1. Grind the frankincense in a pestle and mortar. You may want to freeze beforehand as this makes it less sticky.
  2. Weigh your oil in a glass beaker or jar and add the ground resin. Place in a pot of hot water and bring to a simmer. I placed mine directly on a hot plate. The temperature should be no more than 100 C. Mine was heated to approximately 85-90 C. You can leave it for between 45 minutes to 3 hours.
  3. Remove from the heat. Now, you can choose to leave it to steep in the resin for a few days before filtering or filter immediately. Leaving for a while will allow the sediment to settle, making for an easy pour.
  4. Filter the infusion through a cheese cloth tied to a beaker with a rubber band, or you can use a coffee filter.
  5. Bottle and enjoy. (Source)

Looks like I’ve got some frankincense oil infusion to make this week!

9 Likes

Figured since I was already out researching I’d see if I could find a recipe for you. Not sure if this is what you are looking for

Third Eye Chakra Diffuser Blend

Add to your diffuser with the recommended amount of water for your machine.

• 2 drops Clary Sage
  • 2 drops Cypress
  • 2 drops Frankincense
  • 2 drops Sandalwood
  • 2 drops Vetiver

Essential Oils for Third Eye Chakra - Foster Mindfulness & Intuition by Loving Essential Oils | Third Eye Chakra Healing with clary sage, ccypress, frankincense, sandalwood, and vetiver

Third Eye Chakra Roller Blend

• 3 drops Black Spruce
  • 3 drops Clary Sage
  • 2 drops Sandalwood
  • 2 drops Jasmine
  • 10 ml Roller Bottle
  • Jojoba Oil

(Source)

10 Likes

I have heated Frankincense on the stove before. Don’t use one of your good pots. The stickiness of the resin sticks to the pot. I now have a pot that I don’t use for food. Lol!

9 Likes

Ooh. While I’m not the original querent, I love this and am stealing it. :grin: Thank you~ :black_heart:

8 Likes