Friendship rituals

Hello there, I want to know if the amount of candles you use for a ritual is important? Odd or even? Doe 5 mean something and 13 means another?
And how do you create your own ritual?

And if rituals work in games like, hypothetically, Minecraft
Like, if I were to, hypothetically, want to make a ritual to make my friend want to come back and play, how do I do that (excluding the logical solution where I ask them to do so since the person I’m representing did that a while ago)

16 Likes

@cat3 usually the number of candles is 5 as well as the elements with the corresponding color for a simple circle of protection
Oriental golden yellow or orange
Western blue
Northern brown or green
Southern red
White in the center
If your spell has other candles, you put in the color of the day you do your work for the effect you want, for example, money day, Jupiter Thursday and a deep blue candle

15 Likes

It depends on you or the specific spell. If you have an affinity to those numbers or? I honestly don’t light a specific number of candles I have sigils on some candles I have carved. Sometimes I use both for Lucifer and Satan. Or I use one one night. Then one another night just depends on me. Plus I light a small one or a few . It’s just whatever I choose to do. If u want to know the basics go to the courses. Start with the lessons. I followed the circle setup on this sight till I found my own path. Also there are tons of spells/rituals in the page with the courses.

I’ll let someone else link it

11 Likes
12 Likes

@starborn ah thankyou

9 Likes

Hello @cat3!

Seconding what others have said, it really depends on the spell - if you’re following along with a spell recipe, I would recommend using however many candles/the candle colors as written in the spell.

When writing your own spell or adapting an existing one to better suit your needs, then each of the ingredients and the amounts should be considered. From their magickal correspondences to astrological correspondences, moon phases, numerology (the meaning of numbers), and more- there’s a lot of things to consider!

That being said, it’s my experience that ingredients are not necessary for casting successfully - the most important thing is your intention. All other things are “bonuses”. Helpful, but not required.

If you’re just getting started, I’d recommend following along with pre-written spells (there are many out there for you to use!) or creating a basic spell of your own with just one or two ingredients that you feel comfortable with. It’s a good place to begin! :blush:

You mentioned friendship spells in the title, so here are a few you might consider using or adapting:

Wishing you all the best- happy casting, Cat! :sparkles:

12 Likes

So I’m assuming rituals don’t work in virtual spaces😅
Thank you all!
Happy casting(? Is that the right word?)!

11 Likes

Yes they do work anywhere u want them to work depending on ur intention focus wording and whatnot. We actually have virtual spell ritual space near the lessons.

12 Likes

Spells can work anywhere, not just in the physical. There are many witches who use spirit flight or astral travel, casting their spells in the astral plane or Otherworld.

There is also something called an Inner Temple, an inner world used during trance or meditation that can also be used to cast spells.

Even further, we have a virtual altar here on Spells8 that can also be used to cast spells!

Virtual Altar
Virtual Altar for Witch Training #CastAlong Videos – Spells8

8 Likes