Game Changing Nut & Seed Bread

Hey there! Since I can’t decide between bread recipes this week you get an extra one to get ready for the holiday next week. I hope y’all like it!

Game Changing Nut & Seed Bread

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Serves: 1 loaf

Ingredients:

1/2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
1/2 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup flax seeds
1/2 cup unsalted almonds (roughly chopped)
2 Tablespoons chia seeds
4 Tablespoons psyllium husk seeds (or 3 Tablespoons psyllium husk seed powder)
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup dried Turkish apricots (roughly chopped)OR chopped dried fruit of choice
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
3 Tablespoons melted coconut oil (or olive oil)
1 1/2 cups water + additional to thin batter if necessary

Directions:

Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix until evenly distributed. Whisk maple syrup, oil, and water together in a measuring cup. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix very well until everything is completely soaked and the dough becomes very thick (if the dough is too thick/dry add 1-2 teaspoons of water until the dough is manageable). Continue to stir/mix until everything is evenly distributed.

Oil an 8 inch by 4-inch loaf pan (or use a silicone loaf pan) and add the batter to the pan. Press it down firmly and smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Let dough sit in the loaf pan on the counter for at least two hours before baking.

Preheat the oven to 350F.

Place the loaf pan on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the bread from the loaf pan (it should come out easily when you tip it upside down and pat down on the bottom of the pan with a spoon). Place the loaf of bread upside down directly on the middle rack (this will ensure even baking) and continue to bake for an additional 30-40 minutes (possibly longer depending on your oven). Bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped.

Let the bread cool completely before slicing (very important!)

Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days or pre-slice it and freeze (makes for really easy toast!)

Notes:

*Do NOT skip the psyllium husk seeds they are critical.
*Cooking times may vary depending on your specific oven.

Recipe courtesy of Yummly and Dishing the Dirt.

8 Likes

I could smell it now, baking and everyone drooling because how delicious it smells!!! Thank you :blush::two_hearts: oh, I have something else that I’m sending you for your legs. I hope they help even temporarily!!! It’ll be with your book that I couldn’t send last time.

4 Likes

You didn’t have to send me anything else! I haven’t even gotten to the other book you sent me yet! LOL! Thank you though.

2 Likes

Look at all those delicious ingredients- seeds and oats and nuts, oh my! :drooling_face: :two_hearts: This is one healthy and hearty bread! Although I’m not sure where to find “psyllium husk seeds”- something to look into :grin:

Bonus points for maple syrup- everything tastes better with a dash of maple syrup! :yum:

Thanks for this awesome bread recipe, @Amethyst :heart:

2 Likes

I don’t even know what psyllium husks are, just that you can buy them on Amazon. But evidently a lot of people who are gluten free use it in their breads.

Glad you liked, sweetie!

1 Like

That’s really interesting! It looks like psyllium husks are mostly used for their high fiber content, but they have a host of other benefits too. They can be bought whole or as a powder to use in recipes- from Amazon and probably most health food stores as well :+1:

I came for a bread recipe and got to learn about a whole new ingredient! The Kitchen Witch in me is quite pleased- thanks again so much for sharing Amethyst! :heart::blush:

1 Like

You’re welcome, my dear! It does look to be a healthy food, doesn’t it?

1 Like