Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcake 🍓

Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcake :strawberry:

Prep Time: 10 minutes minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes minutes

Ingredients:

1 ½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour blend with xanthan gum
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 tablespoon coconut sugar or any granulated sugar divided (see recipe)
¼ teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
¼ cup cold, cubed butter or plant-based butter
¾ cup milk of choice I like to use oat milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract gluten-free certified, if necessary
1 pound sliced fresh (or thawed frozen) strawberries approximately 3 cups
regular or dairy-free whipped cream for serving

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 425°F. Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.

In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and salt. Mix well.

Add the cold, cubed butter, and using a pastry cutter or a fork, work the butter into the flour until it resembles coarse crumbs.

Add the milk and vanilla. Mix until a smooth batter forms.

Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, scoop mounds of batter onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 13 minutes or until bottoms are browning and tops are turning golden.

Meanwhile, prepare strawberries by mixing the sliced strawberries with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Using your hands or a fork, mix and mash the strawberries a little to release their juices. Set aside.

When the shortcakes are done, let them cool for a few minutes. Serve shortcakes whole or sliced, topped with strawberry mixture and a dollop of whipped cream. Enjoy!

Notes:

To keep this dish entirely refined sugar-free, use only coconut sugar and make your own whipped cream by whipping a can of coconut cream or regular cream.

Nutrition:

Serving: 1 shortcake | Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 358mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 210IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 162mg | Iron: 1mg

Recipe courtesy of Moon and Spoon and Yum.

10 Likes

This looks so yummy @Amethyst

the-best-gluten-free-strawberry-shortcake-recipe-34
Gluten-Free Strawberry :strawberry: Shortcake:
by Kristen Wood, Moon And Spoon And Yum

I think this would also be good with other berries :blueberries: (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.) and ice cream too! I do prefer whipped cream though!

Thanks so much, Amethyst! I’m printing and saving this one for later! :hugs:

5 Likes

Thank you for posting the picture! I’m not good at that sort of thing but it does look yummy, doesn’t it? Glad you liked it!

5 Likes

Yes, please! :raising_hand_woman::plate_with_cutlery: :two_hearts: :laughing:

I’m drooling- this looks like such a yummy treat! :drooling_face:

It’s getting to be just about that time of year- this is such a fun way to use a harvest of early summer strawberries! :strawberry: :yum:

Thanks for an awesome recipe, @Amethyst! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

You’re welcome, my dear! Glad you liked it!

5 Likes

There goes my diet.:flushed::joy: I love cake. Thankyou. Yum yum. :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

This one shouldn’t be too bad for your diet if you make it with coconut sugar. Enjoy!

4 Likes