Goddess Ekati Kronia and Symbols

Hekate is often seen holding a key.
opens the doors of the Mysteries
Dades
Hekate is the Torchbearer. Often appears with two torches, sometimes six, four or one as well. Her torches light the way in the dark.

https://carolmylius.artstation.com/projects/W6zKG
Dog

We often see Hekate accompanied by Dogs, flanking or next to her. This is similar to how the goddess Artemis is also depicted

Snakes

Hekate is described as being crowned with wild snakes, having snakes around her wrists and waist, and sometimes appearing with snakes in her hands.

Swords or Daggers

Hecate is shown holding a short sword or dagger in many ancient images.

deviantart.com

The moon

Hekate was closely associated with the Moon during the early Roman period, perhaps due to a merger with the Moon Goddess, Sister and counterpart of Helios the Sun.

11 Likes

Love her, and love you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hekate_wheel:

11 Likes

Beautiful! :pink_heart: I was actually wondering if you speak Greek with Hecate and the other gods & goddesses? I noticed you spelled it Ekati (which is how it sounds when you say her name in Greek.) :hekate_wheel:

10 Likes

@Nacurro I only speak Greek to them, I don’t know any other language, I’m writing here with the translation that’s why we sometimes laughed, it’s written strangely… :grinning:
However, the Goddesses and the entities feel the emotion more than our words :hearts: :revolving_hearts:
I’m glad you like it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hearts:

9 Likes

@CelestiaMoon I wish that my dear sister :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :hekate_wheel:

9 Likes

Ahhhh, then it makes sense. Thank goodness there are translation. I understand it gets funny sometimes. :joy: I speak three languages so I’m like… which one should I go for? I speak English and sometimes mix Swedish in, where I see fit. There is this Swedish saying my man usually says out loud: “Gud ge mig styrka” which translates “God give me strenght” and sometimes it sounds more fun in Swedish. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Swedish is such a fun language! :smile_cat: :sweden:
I remember a villain in some movie yelling “JAG VILL HA MAKT” with a straight face, I was on the floor laughing :rofl:

Okay, maybe the movie wasn’t a very serious one either :laughing:

9 Likes

@CelestiaMoon Omg I can totally see why you laughed, I would too! I almost spit out my coffee rn hahahaha. :rofl: I’m gonna yell that to my hubby when he comes home. Especially bc he’s a military officer. :joy:

8 Likes

Awww! :rofl:
Please tell us of his reaction when you do :joy:

8 Likes

@CelestiaMoon He got confused seeing a tiny Lina standing and yelling JAG VILL HA MAKT :joy: He was like: you want power? :joy: which movie was that from tho?

7 Likes

I can imagine that scene, he must have been so confused! :rofl:

I think it was from someone’s homemade Lego movie or something, hardly a Hollywood blockbuster :laughing: Something I must have seen 20 years ago and just remember those words :sweat_smile:

7 Likes