‘Goddess, speak to me’

I found this today, it struck hard as I am often wandering and questioning my path. I wanted to share it with you all. :heart:

Goddess Speak to Me

A child whispered “Goddess, speak to me”. And a meadowlark sang. But the child did not hear.

So the child yelled “Goddess speak to me!” And the thunder rolled across the sky. But the child did not listen.

The child looked around and said “Goddess let me see you”. And a star shone brightly. But the child did not notice.

And the child shouted “Goddess show me a miracle”. And a life was born. But the child did not know.

So, the child cried out in despair. “Touch me Goddess and let me know
that you are here!” Whereupon Goddess reached down and touched the child. But the child brushed the butterfly away and walked on.

Note: I did do a search, but this is often marked as Author Unknown, and it is a man / God in the poem. But I loved this version most.

I feel like it’s so easy to miss what’s there, right in front of us. I hope this inspires you. :pentagram: :people_hugging:

I’ve also been quite absent, I go through cycles of being a social butterfly and being a hermit. I still carry this group in my heart, even when I go silent. :heart:

14 Likes

This is very beautiful and such a great reminder to always be mindful especially when asking for help from the Goddess. Thank you for sharing!

And don’t feel bad about being a hermit at times. I am the same way. I wander in and out all the time!

9 Likes

Awww, this is so beautiful and touching :crying_cat_face: :two_hearts:
The Goddess really is so sweet and gentle, and has infinite patience for us :white_heart:

10 Likes

This is so lovely @Melora_Fae! The cycles of nature are one of the things that really drew me to the craft. I pay a good bit of attention to the natural world, but I know that I miss so much!

My kids started going to forest school several years ago and we started doing nature study as a family. I found so much solace in the seasons and the changes and the cycles. It’s still a big part of my craft. I think it’s why I love the wheel of the year so much… it’s celebrating the changes that we see before us. It’s knowing what’s coming and what to expect and, yet, being surprised by it at the same time! Beautiful.

Thanks for sharing!

11 Likes

This is wonderful, thank you for sharing it with me!

8 Likes

You are all very welcome, I am happy to inspire and share :heart:

6 Likes

A beautiful story with a very important message:heart::blush:

Thank you for sharing it, @Melora_Fae- I’m definitely feeling inspired! It seems like a good push toward doing some more mindfulness work today. Thank you! :pray::sparkles:

5 Likes

So very beautiful and moving! Thank you for sharing it. I’ve printed a copy for my book :purple_heart:

6 Likes

You’re welcome @BryWisteria and @Artemisia :heart:

6 Likes