Green Candle Flame

Hey everone!
I wonder if anyone can shed some light on green flames?
Last night, I had just completed a segment of a spell that goes for about 7 days and decided I wanted to meditate for a few minutes at bedtime. I lit my candle for meditation, it lit readily and gave a big green flame, which lasted for about 5-7 seconds (long enough for me to notice and blink in amazement), before it returned to a strong, yellow-orange flame.
My candles are stored in a box and have not come in contact (to my knowledge) with any copper or other materials which would cause the flame to turn green. I have also used this candle before for meditation and not had that experience.
Thoughts please!
Rebecca

11 Likes

Hmm - that’s interesting!

The only time I’ve ever had a flame change colors is when using that cool chemical powder for campfires. It is possible that the wick from your candle had some copper in it further down that could change the color temporarily. This would make sense since it didn’t last very long - once the copper burned off, the color went away.

It’s also possible the color change is something magical! That would be for you to determine, though. It depends on the spell, and any entities or spirits you may work with. Do you feel like it is significant? If so, I’d explore that!

8 Likes

Thank you!
I am at a bit of a loss, I wasn’t specifically working with any deities/entities etc. I looked for the scientific answer first. Huh.
Will have to think on this a little more.
(Also plausible the hole in my marble bag let a few more out lol)…

8 Likes

Hi @rebecca28,

I’m with you and Megan - it’s always smart to work through any potential mundane explanations. If you’d eliminated any potential colorings/chemical intervention, then it’s worth exploring some potential magickal explanations too! :grinning:

In magick, there are a few ways to interpret a strong, bright, and big flame:

You could also consider the magickal properties of the color green:

Green

The meaning of the color green is vast and varied. In some cultures, it is associated with nature and the environmentally friendly movement. For others, it represents wealth, fertility, and abundance. And still for others, green is the color of healing and renewal.

It’s no surprise that the color green is often used spells as a way to manifest our intentions. Whether we are seeking financial abundance or physical healing, the color green can help us to connect with those energies. When used in combination with visualization and other positive affirmations, a green candle can be a powerful tool for witchcraft and manifestation.

Spells8: Candle Colors & Their Meanings

Sometimes even when They aren’t actively called upon, deities or guiding spirits can make Themselves known.

I know you said you weren’t working with anyone in specific for this spell, but are there any deities you currently work with (or feel called to) in general? That could be worth exploring as well!

Whatever you choose to do from here, wishing you all the best with your casting - blessed be, Rebecca! :candle: :green_heart: :sparkles:

7 Likes

You’re welcome! I know that it can be disconcerting when weird things happen, but sometimes we’ll never know the answer, either :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you!
I wasnt upset or afraid, so I think I am going to stew on it for a bit and see if any other signs pop up. I had considered the components as well, as you described. I am assuming this was a positive message, and I will see what else I can ascertain.

6 Likes

Just to add, if it is magical, a green flame can symbolise Fae fire, and a Fae presence or other entity. :partying_face:

7 Likes

Hmmm.
That actually adds a twist.
I will have to dive in to that a bit…
Thank you Tracy!

7 Likes

Looking at it from the signs, it does seem likely that a bright and strong green flame carries a positive message! :grinning:

Wishing you all the best as you learn more - blessed be, Rebecca! :candle: :sparkles:

7 Likes

a green flame is a sign of luck and abundance :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :dizzy:

8 Likes