Greetings from Cleveland, OH!

Good morning!

I am a married gay man in my 50s who lives in the Akron/Cleveland area (and if you are ever here in August definitely check out our local Cleveland Pagan Pride!). My spiritual journey has included meditation/yoga, solitary practice, 10 years working with a traditionalist coven and about four years leading my own coven. I have circled back to solitary practice after my coven disbanded on good terms (members were moving away and we decided together it was time to let the group go) and honestly have been feeling pretty stuck over the last few years, trying to find a practice that fits this time of my life. I have been very inspired by American Traditionalist Witchcraft (sometimes referred to as American Folkloric Witchcraft) and after years of deep connection with the Morrigan, Hekate and Cernunnos have been calling me strongly, Below is a picture of my working altar. My altar represents my current relationship with my Witch Mother (Hekate) and Witch Father (Cernunnos). The Morrigan and Lord Donn (of the Celtic underworld) are also represented since I have worked with them for most of my life. Lady Brigid and Lord Lugh are honored at our home shrine in the kitchen. The figure holding a golden heart on my altar represents me. This symbolizes me offering myself to the service and transformative fire of my Gods. I am also a devotee of the Covenant of Hekate.

Very excited to be here. I found Spells8 when I was searching for pagan journaling articles and really like that this seems to be a supportive, active and international community. I have been focused lately on building local pagan community including supporting my local witchy shop and participating in classes and events. Looking forward to learning here as well as continuing to improve my knowledge and skills.

BB,

Don

altars Introductions witch_types

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Don :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

I’m a Celtic Pagan and eclectic witch, practicing solitary for basically my entire practice. The main deity I work with and worship is Brigid, though I’ve been interested in and learning about a few others. Brigid and I have been working together for a few years now, and it’s one of the most rewarding and challenging things I’ve ever done :laughing:

You’ve come to a good place for community! We’re all pretty supportive of one another here, with many people from around the world and just as many paths in magic. I’m sure you’ll fit right in! Please feel free to make yourself at home :house: and let us know if you have any questions!

7 Likes

Welcome to forum @Don :blush: it’s interesting to read all that you’ve been apart of in the pagan community. Your alter is beautiful :heart_eyes: and feel free to jump into the weekly witchy challenge they are allot of fun and is good way to explore all aspects of the craft. Everyone here are very loving and supportive so feel free to ask questions I know you love it here. :infinite_roots::sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Hey, Welcome!!!
I am Eva, fairly new here as well. This community is a very family-like gathering, you will fit right in.
Your altar looks very carefully and well-made. I recognised Hecate symbols immediately, as I myself am her little follower. :crescent_moon: :sparkles:
My other Dieties are Moon and Night goddesses from Roman/Greek pantheon and Hermes.
Feel free to actively participate in discusions and ask questions to any member :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Welcome, Don! I’m loving your altar set up! I’m an Earth witch with serious Water witch vibes. I hope you’ll enjoy being part of the group.

9 Likes

Hello from Springfield, OH! It’s nice to meet you! :slight_smile: I’m a gay solitary practitioner as well — I’m still exploring my exact path, but I’m drawn to Traditional Witchcraft, pretty much anything that isn’t Wicca :sweat_smile: I don’t have anything against Wicca, but it just doesn’t really resonate with me because I’m more drawn to folk practices as opposed to more ritualistic practices.

This is such an amazing, warm, welcoming community, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! :star_struck:

9 Likes

@Don Hello and welcome I’m Tracy from Bristol England I follow the Norse Pantheon Loki is my patron deity. This is a fabulous coven, make yourself at home Lovely. :sparkling_heart::partying_face:

7 Likes

Hi, @Don! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

It’s great to have you here! And look at your wonderful altar, amazing!

I’m an Eclectic Solitary Wiccan myself, who likes candle magic and chants. I have a feeling you’re going to fit right into our group, and maybe teach us something new along the way! I look forward to chatting with you!

6 Likes

Merry meet :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @Don

I’m so glad you have joined us, Don, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. Your altar is lovely, thanks so much for sharing with us! I am looking forward to getting to know you better! Welcome to the family :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always,
The Other Marsha

7 Likes

Hello @Don,

Welcome! I’m Bry, another one of the moderators here and an Eclectic Witch. It’s a pleasure to meet you! :blush:

It sounds like you have had an amazing journey so far- you’ve explored both group and solitary practice and have developed a beautiful Craft that resonates with you. Your altar is amazing- I particularly love the devotional figure of you and the golden heart. That’s a really beautiful and heartfelt offering to have in your sacred space! :heart:

Please make yourself at home here- you are most welcome in the Coven!

Hope to chat with you more soon. Blessed be :sparkles:

7 Likes

Welcome! I am a newbie here as well! I loved Akron and lived right outside for a couple years :grin:

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.