Greetings from the UK - new learner here!

Hi everyone. I’m Jordy, but my nickname since I was young is Nyxie Rose. I am 30 and I live in the UK. My big sister is a Wiccan so I’ve always been on the outskirts of it all, always interested but never committed. I had a really bad year last year with two sudden deaths and I needed to find something to focus my energy on and to give me a purpose so this year, I am diving into it all and really getting my witch on. :slight_smile:

I hope to make some friends in this lovely community. Thank you!

11 Likes

Welcome @Nyxie_Rose!! :hugs: I can understand that you went through a bad time, but hey, you are a magical being! Never ever forget that! That means, you have that hidden power to overcome grief and replace it with Love! I know you do! You already are having a magickal family with you now, so be ready to fly high in the sky, ever so happily! Get on your broom and spread your magick here! :wink: :broom: Blessed be dear! :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Hi @Nyxie_Rose! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia here in the States. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

You have my condolences on your losses. Losing someone is difficult, to say the least. I’m sending you good vibes in the hope they may comfort you!

Have you found the Courses yet? They’ll give you a good foundation to start from. If you have any questions, ask and someone will pop up to help you. I look forward to getting to know you better!

5 Likes

Merry meet Nyxie Rose @Nyxie_Rose,

I’m Bry, a moderator here in the forum- wishing you a very warm welcome! :blush:

I’m so sorry to hear about your losses last year. Devoting time and energy to your magickal studies seems like a great way to turn your focus to something happier- and I imagine that, through your magickal work, you can find empowering ways to honor their memory too (if you so choose). May it be a long and blessed path that brings you much joy! :sun_with_face:

If you’d like to change your username to reflect your preferred/magickal/other name, it’s easy to do so! There is a guide you could follow here: How to Change Your Name and Username on Spells8. If you need any help, just say the word and I (or another Mod) will be happy to assist :grinning: :+1:

Please make yourself at home here! I hope to talk with you more soon :blush:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @Nyxie_Rose

It’s nice to meet you, Nyxie Rose, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. Last year was a difficult year, for many of us, I am so very sorry for your sudden losses.

I also recommend starting with the courses, as our lovely and wise, @Amethyst suggested. There are lots of friendly and helpful people here so you are in the right place to make new friends. Welcome to the family. :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

5 Likes

Hey there @Nyxie_Rose – welcome to the forum! :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

I’m so sorry for your losses, but just know you’ve got a wonderful form of support here with us. :pray: :sparkles: I’m glad you’re finally getting your witch on! I hope you love it here with us!

As a note, we can change your username to Nyxie Rose if you’d like! :hearts:

I hope to see you around!

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Nyxie_Rose

Im Alan and I am also from the UK.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I also.had a sudden and unexpected loss of a dear family member towards the end of last year and it was my magickal practice that kept me going by giving me a focus. The wonderful members here are also an inspiration and some of the most welcoming and helpful people that i have had the pleasure of meeting.

Everyone, including myself, will be happy to assist and support in any way we can.

Blessed be

5 Likes

Welcome, Jordy! I’m Scott. So sorry about your recent losses. You’ll find a lot of helpful folks on our forum! I joined i November, and its really been to my Wiccan journey!

5 Likes

@Nyxie_Rose, Welcome! We are so happy you are here! I can’t wait to chat and get to know you in the forum!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.