Warm greetings to all!
Are you new to Spells8 and want to change your name as it appears in your account?
Or perhaps you’ve just discovered your Magickal/Witch Name and want to update what shows on your profile?
Or maybe you just want a fancy new username!
Here is how to do so!
On Spells8 you have two names :
(1) Your username
→ This name appears next to your posts. It is the name other users will use when they want to tag you or mention you in a post.
Your username (along with your chosen avatar/picture) is your main identification in the forum. Your username does not appear on the main Spells8 site.
(2) Your account name
→ This is the name you used when you signed up for Spells8. It may or may not be the name associated with your billing. It may or may not be your full name, depending on what you entered when you signed up.
Your account name appears in three places:
- Your Spells8 account details (private)
- Your profile here in the Spells8 Forum (public)
- The sneak preview of your profile when someone clicks on your avatar in the forum (public)
If you want to shorten or change the name that appears on your account (as well as on your profile and profile sneak peek), you can do so!
In order to change your account name, please:
- Go to spells8.com
→ Your account name cannot be changed through the forum- it can only be changed through your main Spells8 Account on the main site!
- On the main Spells8 site, move your mouse cursor over “Account” . A drop-down menu will appear. Click on “My Account”
- Welcome to your account page! Here you can change both your account name and your email address.
- When you have typed the name you want on your account, click “Update your profile”.
→ Note: It may take some time for the system to update your name on the main site and also in the forum. Thank you for your patience!
If you want to change the username that you go by in the forum, you can do so- but only within the first 14 days of your membership !
If your membership is older than 14 days, your username cannot be changed manually. Please create a new private message and write #moderators in the recipient box to contact the Staff Team for help, or comment below.
In order to change your username, please:
- Click on your avatar (aka your profile picture) that appears on the top right-hand corner of any page in the forum. A drop-down menu will appear when you click.
- In the drop-down menu, you will see four different icons on the top: a bell, a bookmark, an envelope, and a person. Click on the person icon .
- Now, in the new drop-down menu, you can see options to choose. Click on “Preferences”
- Scroll down until you see your username and profile picture. Click on the small pencil icon next to your current username
- Enter your username of choice!
If the name you want is already taken, please try different options or ways of spelling it (example: Fiona could be Fiona1, Fiona_Witch, Fiona_Goddess, Fi0na, etc.)
Please note that forum usernames must be all one word - they cannot include spaces! There is also a limit of 20 characters in your username .
Were you able to successfully update your account name and/or username? If so- awesome!
If not, no worries- please post in the comments below and a member of the Spells8 Staff Team will help you