New Wiccan

Hello my fellow witches, my name is Melisa, but everyone calls me Missy. I discovered that I had direct family lineage to Salem, so I am a natural wiccan, and looking to develop my abilities. Merry Meet to you all

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum Missy! :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here on the forum :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: it’s nice to meet you!

I also have direct lineage to the Salem Witch Trials – on both sides, funnily enough! (just a note – most people accused of witchcraft during these trials weren’t actually witches and they definitely weren’t Wiccan :blush: ) I have ancestors that were accused of witchcraft and ancestors that were doing the accusing. It’s really interesting to learn about!

I’m glad you’re here and I look forward to seeing you grow and learn!

Note - if you’d like to change your username to Missy, you can do that by following this tutorial. If you need a mod’s help, just let me know!

4 Likes

Hi @melisa4! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

A great way to start your journey here is with the Courses. They’re chock full of great information that will give you a great basis to start learning!

If you have any questions, just ask and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you!

4 Likes

Welcome, Missy! I’m new here, too, but I can tell you it already feels like home. I have found my tribe. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I’m Siofra_Strega, another moderator in the forum. I’m from Cape Cod!

I hope you are learning a lot from the courses & enjoying the forum. Everyone here is very friendly & helpful for your path wherever it may take you!

Feel free to ask any questions or share anything that you may learn with us too! We love :heart: to learn new things also.

4 Likes

@melisa4 Hey, missy nice to meet you I joined a couple of days ago in I can tell you I already love it here your going to enjoy your time in this coven :hugs:

5 Likes

Thank you Megan, it’s good to meet a true bloodline Wiccan

5 Likes

Thank you, I look forward to knowing you too.

5 Likes

Hello Baby Witch

5 Likes

Thank you and I will do so

5 Likes

Nice to meet you too Tink, I love it already

5 Likes

Greetings @melisa4,

Welcome! I’m Bry, another moderator in the forum and an Eclectic Witch. It’s a pleasure to meet you :blush:

Congrats on your heritage discovery- that is really cool! Have you perhaps had a chance to visit Salem since making the discovery? It is a very interesting place to explore, and I imagine walking the streets might help you connect with your ancestors :headstone: :sparkles: If you haven’t already done a visit, I hope you’ll get the chance someday!

Please make yourself at home here in the forum and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions- your coven is here for you :infinite_roots:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

3 Likes

Hello and Welcome Home :infinite_roots: @melisa4

It’s nice to meet you, Missy! I’m Marsha, an eclectic solitary witch from Colorado. That is so awesome to have ancestors from Salem. I think I have witchy ancestors somewhere because my children and grandchildren have special abilities! Welcome to the Spells 8 family, Missy!

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

3 Likes

I’m not actually a “bloodline Wiccan” – Wicca and witchcraft isn’t measured by bloodlines at all and no one in the Salem Witch Trials were Wiccan. Wicca was born from a man named Gerald Gardner in the 1950s, many years after the Salem Trials :blush: Traditional Wicca is tracked via lineage because that’s how the initiations work, but definitely not from as far back as the Salem Witch Trials.

It’s really interesting to know, though, that I’m related to people on both sides of the trials. I don’t remember their names – we’ve got that somewhere here in the house – but I remember being very interested when we found that information!

Again, we’re happy to have you here and I look forward to seeing you around! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.