šŸ“› Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Magickal Names

Challenge Entry
Iā€™m Lily. Just Lily. My green witch grandmother gave me my witchy name of Lily Girl when I was very little, sitting in her back yard and listening to her tell me how nature is about all things. She taught me how to be a green witch, and encouraged me to also become a kitchen witch, since my inclinations took me there as well.
Every time I see a cardinal I know she has come to visit. She was a very wise and kind woman.

11 Likes

Thank you :blush: wonā€™t lie am in awe of your title here on Spells8, would love to travel the world and let my wings spreadā€¦

9 Likes

**Challenge entry **

Love the timing of this. I got the Writual Tarot Planner and the first page is ā€œthis book belongs toā€. I ignored that page as I thought, Iā€™m not in school. Then last week I found myself writing a name in pencil, then using the fantasy name generator mentioned by @MeganB. I wrote some down but didnā€™t like any in particular. So I left it to mull over. I didnā€™t know why I had difficulty claiming the first name that came to me.
Then this challenge appears. Lol. Love the timing. Thanks @Medea for the suggestion.

So the magical name that I had written was Phoenix Rising. It matches the tattoo I was inspired to get a few months ago. I need to claim my strength and ability to keep growing and improving. To use my life to date to claim/mold the person I am today. The more I am saying it , the more it sits well.

However, other than on here with you lovely witches, I am not ready to share it with people I know. It is for me and I hide my Writual planner so no one can see it. This name right now is for me to get used to, to get comfortable in, to develop/keep the power it has for me. ā€œKeep it secret. Keep it safeā€ (LOTR) Itā€™s like if I tell someone then it wonā€™t have the same meaning, it will be diminished somehow.

My witch name from one of those pick your name based on a letter in my name is ā€˜Entranced Charmā€™. I have never likes any of my names from these generators. Lol.

Phoenix Rising

11 Likes

Sooo, update first of all - I tried a lot but I couldnā€™t log in the app (maybe I will try some time again later on!) :blush: Anyways, I am currently posting my challenge entry here from web after so much delay, as I am soo engrossed in helping mom pack things and shift! :smirk: ā€¦

My Challenge Entry Part 1.5ā€¦

At first I thought maybe I would go by some magickal name generated via quizzes or something! But you know what? Something struck my mind and I decided I would make up a witchy name of my own! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Actually, I have a history of two dreams that I got about 4-5 months agoā€¦the first one was this - ā€˜I saw The Roman God of Love, Cupid descending on The Earth, with his bow and arrow as he striked one arrow on the Earth somewhere in Egypt!!! The next morning I got up startled and searched for a three rock formation somewhere in or around Egyptā€¦I got a picture that portrayed a formation of three joint rocks almost same as I saw in Egypt!! Now I have no clue what does that mean! But honestly, after that dream I was madly inclined towards Cupid!!ā€™ :wink: :heart_eyes: :cupid: Then comes the second dream - in which I had also mentioned earlier here in the forum, that I met Goddess Gaia! She had told me in that dream that I have a certain connection with Venus! Although my ruling planet is Neptune I have always adored Venus equallyā€¦ :smiling_face: So these were the two dreams that called to me as I pondered upon finding a magickal name for myself! But, the story doesnā€™t end here! :smile: More than the two names Venus or Cupid, I had forever swooned over one other word - ā€˜AmorĆØā€™ :sparkling_heart: Soooā€¦on the night of 13th January, Friday the 13th, I felt an unbearable pull towards keeping my witchy name around or with AmorĆØ in it! And, I also performed a pick-a-chit instead of pick a cardā€¦ :joy: and I gotā€¦the one with AmorĆØ in it!!! This was too clear as what the Universe had decided for my magickal name to be! :innocent: Here is a pic of my new witchy name!

Soo, my new magickal name is Solasta AmorĆØ Yayyyy! I love my nameā€¦it is soo me!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Also I would like to tell their meanings if some of my friends donā€™t understandā€¦ ā€˜Solastaā€™ means luminous or shining and ā€˜AmorĆØā€™ means, Loove! (Obviously you all know that! Lol! :smiling_face:)
Thatā€™s all! I wish everyone who found a new witchy name for them this week shall be blessed with its light and magick! And those who already had theirs, shall grow more powerful and blessed with their names! Blessed be everyoneā€¦I loove all the entries here!! :sparkles: Also, one of the moderators here please kindly change my username to - Solasta_Amore :smiling_face: :blush:

13 Likes

Oh sorry! I forgot to post a pic of my Magickal name Prompts! Here goesā€¦

My Challenge Entry Part 1ā€¦

12 Likes

@Ancient_Queen you are very welcome :two_hearts:

@lilysmiles that is awesome that it has so much meaning & was kind of bestowed on you! I love it! :heart_eyes:

@TheMuslimWitch I completely agree, @BryWisteria has an amazing name that fits her path thus far too! :revolving_hearts:

@Phoenix_Rose Iā€™m so happy you found a name! I do somewhat of the same thing. For the longest time I only used the name here. Then when I started a sort of mini BoS with different recipes, invocations, rituals that I commonly use I put it in the front page as a prelude to what it is. I just did it without even thinking about it. I realized it when I opened it & was likeā€¦ oh, thatā€™s not usually what I put as a name! :heartpulse:

@Solasta_Amore I really like how your name came to you! I love that you have a journaling book for it too! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

If anyone else should find their name & would like to use it in the forum you can try:
:name_badge: How to Change Your Name and Username on Spells8 or reach out to the moderators & we will glay change it for you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Hiii @Susurrus can you please change my username to Solasta_Amore dear? :kissing_heart: My membership has crossed 14 days so yesā€¦I canā€™t do it on my ownā€¦ :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

@Solasta_Amore you are all set! I hope you wear it proudly & love it! :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Thank youuuuu :revolving_hearts:

7 Likes

You are very welcome :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Thank you! I was a Daddyā€™s girl when I was little and this is my way of honoring that.

Thanks, love!

8 Likes

Challenge Entry

I love my witch nameā€¦ Ailey Gray. First things firstā€¦ I love names! Any namesā€¦ and the stories behind where names come from. I am the person who has kept a list of names for babies and novels my entire life. Names make me happy!

A few months ago, when I began my journey with the craft, I was reading all the things (if you know me, you know thatā€™s what I do!) and I read that long ago, witches often took a witch name to protect themselves. When they gathered with a coven, they only knew each other by their witch name, which protected everyone should they be questioned by an inquisitor later. You couldnā€™t lie about something you didnā€™t know.

I was super anxious, in the beginning, about engaging in an online coven, so I chose a witch name. Ailey Gray was one of the names I had loved forever. Itā€™s what I wanted to name a little girl if I ever had one. I have 4 boysā€¦ so my list of girl names has been unused, so I took it for myself.

Later, during my first ritual, I had a really profound experience with the light from my candle and a moth. Ailey means light and moths signify working with your shadow self and spiritual exploration. It kind of tied everything together for me and my witchy persona was bornā€¦ Ailey Gray

11 Likes

Oh! @AileyGrey thats an awesome story too! I love the connection & reinforcement as you went through your practice!

I love to read all the things too! Names were always a thing for me & when I had children, I could never choose. So my first son, my mom, Nana, & I sat at the kitchen table going over the list I had for boys. Then we were stumped on his middle name, in walks my brother asking what we were doing & he said what about this name, then I can call him thisā€¦ we were likeā€¦ hmmm :thinking:

When we put the 2 names together, thats what it was! Since my brother was his Godfather, when he got his baby ring he had the 2 initials engraved on it & called him that for about 5 years. Once we both kind of moved & marriages etcā€¦ weā€™ve always called him by his first name or a variation of it then little nicknames around the house.

Oddly enough, we call both boys Bubba at times but they each have their own nicknames only used in the house or by me. The ones by me are for when their significant others or friends arenā€™t around though :rofl: Canā€™t ruin my 2nd sons reputation calling him Muffin around his friends. :joy:

8 Likes

Oh @Susurrus! I love that! My step son got a family name (I didnā€™t name him or his name would have been so much cooler), but the other three boys are all named after characters that my husband and I love from books and t.v. The characters embodied traits that we held dear and wanted to pass on to our kids. Funny enough, each boy embodies most of those qualities. Their middle names are a combination of saints and family names. I love them!

My teen recently came out as non binary and asked to be called a different name. I agreed, but I had to meditate hard to be really ok with it because I love their name so much. Names have such power! Itā€™s who we areā€¦ but with that realization, I also had to accept that new name (which is also amazing) because names have such powerā€¦ itā€™s who we are!

8 Likes

My family is Italian & Irishā€¦ inadvertently all of my children have Irish Celtic or Gaelic names. So my mom had gotten me a framed meaning of my first sonā€™s name.

My husband, knowing this, when we selected my second sonā€™s name showed me the Irish meaning of the name he chose & we used my husbandā€™s first name as his middle name. (I forget why, but my husband didnā€™t want to have a ā€œjuniorā€, so middle name it was) Then, one day we are watching football & a player had the same first nameā€¦ & my husband made a comment about how good the player was or a favorite player of his. I looked at him wide eyed & was likeā€¦ wait you named our son off a football player that just happened to have a Celtic name & thats how you spun it to me! He looked at me & started laughing & said, " Two birds, one stone." I threw all the furniture pillows at him :rofl:

We really wanted a daughter it took quite a few years & tries & some heartbreaks. The only thing we were sure of was her middle name. Itā€™s my middle name which was my Nanaā€™s nickname (???) her first name was Helena, but she was always referred to by something else. So we went to the list of girl names & we just couldnā€™t choose. So I went through them & her first name is another Irish Celtic name :laughing: but it was also her auntā€™s first name. But! When I was early in the pregnancy, I was put on a medication to sustain the pregnancy. When that was finished, a short time later there was an issue so they did an early ultrasound. The image looked like a peanut :peanuts:, ever since then (I was aboutā€¦ 10 weeks pregnant) her nickname has beenā€¦ Peanut. We still call her that at homeā€¦ since she started junior high & is an official teenagerā€¦ all of her friends call her by her first name. She wants us to, but its been hard to transition to itā€¦ so at home 99% of the time itā€™s Peanut then there are a few others we call her. So if We say her actual first name, she knows something is amiss :rofl:

9 Likes

Congrats love, I can feel it, it is very you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
You shine that light and love all around you and inspire me to do the same too, mine is only borrowed light but yours is the real deal :wink: :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Challenge Entry

Last year I was searching for my witch name. Nothing felt right. In March or April I kept seeing Ostara everywhere. Probably because the Spring Equinox was coming up. Spring is my favorite time of year. After winter when everything looks dead the earth begins to come alive. Ostara just felt right. It reminds me of bunnies and eggs and flowers. And that my friends is how I found my witch name.

10 Likes

I meanā€¦seriously!? I think you are one of the most love-lighted people I have ever seen!! YOU too are the forumā€™s Sun & Moon! You magical you! :kissing_heart: :face_holding_back_tears: :hugs:

7 Likes

Ooooh sooo super SWEET!! :revolving_hearts: I have always loved your witchy name! And I love the story too about how you decided this one, pretty name as your magickal name!! Also, I too looove Spring! The season of flowers and colours!! :heart_eyes: :hugs:

7 Likes

Thank you @Solasta_Amore. I am going to do some research on the goddess Eostre.

7 Likes