Stormys Introduction

Hi my name is Shannon but i go by Stormy. Unfortunately I live in Indiana up near Michigan where the weather is about to turn on me lol
Magic has always coursed thru me and my twin cousin, I’m not sure who taught us anything if anyone but I do have visions from the past of an older women teaching me stuff when I was a kid.
I have been actively practicing as eclectic since 2017. I have had a couple mentors for very short amounts of time, either we dont mesh or something comes up on their end that halts everything.

6 Likes

@shannon16

Dear one, Magic is both hereditary and innate.
Watch a small child. The magic is alive and thriving! Their imagination is a wonder to observe. Listen to their games. Such innocent joy!
As they grow the magic fades after a decade or two of 'Dot that I, Cross that T.
Although it fades, it isn’t gone or dead, with knowledge and will, it will again thrive.

As far as visions, no, I don’t have them, but I have very vivid dreams and often a strong sense of Deja Vu. My dad has been dead since 1992 and I swear, at times I still hear him calling to me. Just my name, but it lifts my heart. Do you know? I think I’ve always seen the world with new eyes and made everything I did an adventure.

I’m 74 and a Solitary Eclectic Witch. I live in West coast Florida and compared to The Hurricane we just went through? I’d rather have snow.

imageLove and Blessings.
Garnet

7 Likes

Hello and welcome :infinite_roots: @shannon16

I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch from Colorado and it’s nice to meet you, Shannon! I had visions of older women teaching me too! So interesting…

I have always believed that when the student is ready, the teacher will appear. I have had many teachers/mentors over the years, and then the time always came for me to continue my path alone! I keep what resonates with me, and let go of anything that doesn’t.

We each walk a different path! I am looking forward to getting to know you better!

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

6 Likes

Hi @shannon16! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome again to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I think having mentors go in and out of your life is the way of things. You learn what you can and move on. But it’s neat that you’ve found your way here! You’ll have to share what you’ve learned!

5 Likes

Hi Stormy!! Merry meet!! I am originally from Cleveland, Ohio, but I now live in Northwest Ohio by Michigan for college, so I definitely feel your pain about the weather! That is so interesting that you had visions of an older woman teaching you! I have had visions of my own as well! That is so interesting!

It is so great to meet you, and I hope you have a great day! :slight_smile:

Blessed be!!

4 Likes

Merry meet @shannon16 and welcome to the forum! :blush:

Hahaha I spend most of my time these days between the Polish countryside and New England, so I feel you about the weather! :laughing: :snowflake: I hope you get a few more nice sunny days in, and that the winter won’t be a bad one for you :pray:

I think Amethyst said it perfectly- people come into our lives when we need them, and then we part ways when it is time. My guess is that you got whatever it was you needed from these mentors and then continued along on your path- and I am happy it eventually lead you here! Please make yourself at home and know that you are very welcome in the coven :infinite_roots: :heart:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be, Stormy! :sparkles:

(And if you want to update your username to reflect your magickal name, you can do so by following the How to Change Your Name Guide- let me know if you need any help!)

5 Likes

@shannon16 welcome sister. Im Christeena and im 42. U will find so many like minded brothers and sisters here who will welcome and accept all of u with open arms without condescension. If u have questions all u have to do is ask. We are all here to help each other. U will find people from all walks of life and paths. Again welcome!!!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.