My name is Cass. I live just outside of Madison, Wisconsin, and I have been dabbling with magick since a friend and I discovered Celtic Connection (which I cannot seem to find now) back in like 2010. I was pretty young and fascinated at the time, got really into herbalism and meditation and then drifted away from the craft in my teen years. I had periods of time in and after college where I got back into rituals and meditation. In the last year I have managed to have a regular Tarot and meditation practice. Most recently I have been practicing the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram from the Golden Dawn teachings and found that I have been really lacking in taking further action to develop my individual practice outside of repetitive ritual magick. I discovered Spells8 as a super helpful resource back in 2022/3 and have used it as a reference but was not committed to sustainable long term practice and didn’t have the funds so I didn’t end up getting a membership. I enjoy my solitary practice, but also find that I am craving connection in having a spiritual community and look forward to the opportunity forums like this provide.
I´m Katharina, an art-witch and art therapist from Vienna, Austria! I´m practicing magick very much through art making! I love altar craft, candle making, poppet work, spell boxes, jars and all kinds of creative magic shenanignas. Working in my Book of Shadows is a big part of my practice. I love all things tarot and practice this art since many moons.
The forum is huge and it takes time to get to know everything. The people here are very sweet and helpful, so just make yourself known if there´s any questions, someone will certainly show up to help you.
Hi, @castor! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum!
That’s a lovely area of Wisconsin you’re from! I traveled through there to get to Minnesota a long time ago, but I still remember it! I always wanted to go back, but we never made it.
I’m an Eclectic Witch who likes candle magic and chants. I’ve always admired the LBRP but have never really gotten into the habit of doing it. Just so you know, you don’t have to spend a lot of money on spell stuff. You can use what you find out in the world! Or at the Dollar Store. Nothing better than the Dollar Store for candles, herbs, and candle holders! You’ve just got to get a little creative!
If you have any questions or anything, just ask, and someone will pop up and give you a hand. I look forward to getting to know you!
We’ve all been there, sweetie. In my case it was life, 3 kids, work, marriage…now that I am older…I have returned home [the Craft]. Please stop by for Tarot Talks and give your input, all voices are invited.
Have a great, long look around there is so much to see and learn about. Feel free to ask any and all questions, someone can help you or guide you where to find answers.
Welcome, @castor and Merry Meet! I’m Feathertip, from SE Michigan - just across the Lake from you, so howdy, neighbor!
I can relate to this. Most of us follow our own practices and are from around the globe, so this place is where we can come together, and support each other. You’re in the right place.
Myself, I’m a lifelong Pagan, with a very Nature oriented practice. I love gardening, growing herbs and caring for all my non-human backyard residents. I practice Yogic meditation and use Lenormand cards for divination.
It’s great that you’re already familiar with the site and all it has to offer. Enjoy your journey, lovely.
Merry Meet @castor and a very warm welcome to the Forum. It does sound you have been practicing for a few years. If you are comfortable to share what are your interests. The majority of us are Solitary and I can fully understand your need to feel connected to a Coven. If you need anything just post your question and either myself or my fellow Witches will try to help.
I am Moonbeam from a small village in Lancashire, England. I am a Hedge Witch my divinations are working with the Elements. I am drawn to the Moon in particular but also the Sun, Crystals, Forklore Magic and nature which is an important part of my craft, Anglo-Saxon & Witch Runes, Tasseography, Pendulum, plants and growing herbs etc. I am learning about Ocean Magic. I write create my own spells.
Dollar tree is one of my favorite stores - great source for many different candle types! I have really enjoyed collecting herbs on my nature walks, and have found that there is quite a lot that grows just in the wild near me.
I practice my craft in a mostly Eclectic style. I have enjoyed divination using Runes (Elder Futhark), Tarot (as well as normal playing cards read in tarot style interpretations), Tea leaves, fire gazing among other things, but my focus tends to shift so I haven’t gotten further than surface-level understanding of most divination techniques. I haven’t really gotten comfortable writing my own spells yet, but I know that will come with time and practice.
How lovely yes it does take time to learn. I am still learning something about my craft everyday as our journey is always moving forward and may take you on a different path of discovery enjoy
It’s difficult for me to get in there, thanks to my rollator being extra big. But I used to love going in there looking for stuff! So much fun, like a treasure hunt!
As one who works High Magic, can I ask your opinion? When I first got online, I came across Ariel Gatoga. In your experience, was Golden Dawn similar? I’m more of a folk magician, myself, so this seemed more work than I wanted to put into my practice at that point in time. I was just curious about your opinion. Thank you.
Ariel seems to have quite the extensive collection of accessible courses and information, from what I can tell they are both similar in that they are both rooted in Kabbalah, but Ariel’s collection is much more practical (and accessible) rather than the ceremonial emphasis of GD teachings (not to mention much less open with practices and information), that being said I don’t know enough about both to do a thorough comparison. Thank you for sharing, I will definitely take a further look at some of their courses and meditations!
Welcome to the forum! I’m Bry, an Eclectic Witch and one of the forum moderators. Just wanted to stop by and say hi. Thank you for sharing your introduction, it’s very nice to meet you
The coven community is blessed to have you here! As a fellow solitary practitioner, I know the feeling of wanting one’s own space but also craving fellow magick-lovers to chat with. I’ve found an online coven to be the perfect balance. I hope you find everything you’re searching for (and more)!
Please make yourself at home here. I’m looking forward to chatting with you around the site. Blessed be!
@castor Welcome to the board ! It sounds like you have a lot of experience and knowledge, I am still learning . I am looking forward to seeing and reading all the posts you decide to share with us always love reading others’ way of practice .. Welcome !
I think that we are all still learning, there’s always something new to learn, gain new perspectives and see things from another’s point of view to help expand our practices and continue to grow together along our spiritual paths.
Hello and welcome I’m Tracy from England. I’m currently in training for Trickster Shamanism in the Northern Tradition. Nice to see you, look forward to getting to know you.