Greetings!

Hello, everyone. My name is Amy. I am from southern Indiana, Evansville to be exact. Very excited to find this site, and looking forward to learning a lot, as well as, getting to know everyone.

A little about me: I am an antiques dealer who specializes in vintage and antique teacups, china, and porcelain. I’ve always been drawn to and held a great appreciation for these delicate, yet quite strong, objects from the past. Every teacup, bowl, trinket box, etc has a past, and a story to tell. I enjoy researching each item before sending it to it’s new owner.

I am new to witchcraft, but am a descendent from a long line of German witches. Recently, I met a Lakota medicine man who, out of nowhere, asked me why I have never embraced, “the natural witch,” inside of me. It was a really surreal moment, and one that caused me to think deeply about who I really am. So…that’s why I am now here, ready to embrace my true self, and to learn as much as possible from you great folks.

Feel free to ask me anything. I am an open book.

14 Likes

Hello and welcome @amy5 . Nice to meet you. I’m Tracy from England. I’m of Celtic (mother) and Saxon (father), origin. I’ve recently accepted Loki as my patron deity, so am learning the heathen ways. I’ve also had witchcraft in my veins but tried to ignore it or suppressed it, whilst I followed a strict Christian path. But it wouldn’t be ignored and was constantly nugding me to see it. I’m new to Spells8 too, and am enjoying finally embracing my true path. Everyone here is lovely, you’ll make lots of friends who will become family. We’re a mix of all types of witches, it’s truly wonderful. So welcome home my lovely :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Hello Amy and welcome to the forum. Ohh that must be a fun job, I have always had a facisnation with old antique tea cups, china, and porcelain myself. You are right they all have a story to tell. I like how you research before sending them to their owner. Do you send information to the owners when you find out?

10 Likes

Hi @amy5! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

It’s great to have you here! Your shop must be so interesting to look through! I wanted to let you know we have our Thursday Group Tea Ritual where you could show some of your trophies off. Just sit down any time of the day and do the ritual, this time it’s with a crystal grid, and share a picture and maybe a story of your cup or what you did that day!

It’s a great way to get to know people here too! Fun to make friends. If you have any questions, just ask and someone will get back to you. I look forward to getting to know you!

8 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @amy5

I’m so glad you were guided to embrace the natural witch inside of you, Amy! I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado, and I have had someone approach me out of the blue with a message more than a few times! I absolutely love Antique teacups! Do you have a website? Anyway, I am looking forward to getting to know you better! Welcome to the family :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

8 Likes

Nice to meet you, Tracy! I too was raised Christian (Lutheran), but always knew that my mother, maternal grandmother, great grandmother, etc were natural witches going back, at least, 9 generations. It was nothing for my grandma to go to church, and then cast a spell later in the day. She taught me a lot when I was little, but I suppressed it until recently. Our stories sound quite similar. Looking forward to getting to know more about you. Blessings.

9 Likes

Merry meet, fellow witch! We are absolutely thrilled to have you join us here. Whatever has led you to our enchanting community, we eagerly await the opportunity to connect and embark this journey together. I was born in TX and grew up in OK and have met many healers, medicine men and women and tribe members. Their sacred oneness with the mother and her herbal offsprings are inspirational to me. My passions revolve around the realms of gardening, herbs, and medicine. I find immense joy in nurturing these natural wonders and exploring their mystical properties. Do you know what you lean towards learning first? Welcome to our coven, and may your path be blessed with light and love. Blessed be!

10 Likes

Welcome Amy! My name is Ailey and I live in Georgia. How exciting that you’ve found the forum and are ready to begin you’re journey! That’s so exciting!

This gave me goosebumps. I had a similar experience, but it was well after I’d started the craft. That validation that you are who you are is exciting and nice all at the same time!

What a fun and fascinating job! I love tea sets! I actually have a tea cup that I bought a long time ago from the Boston Tea Museum (it’s definitely not antique) and now that I’m older, I would love to get the rest of the set, but I have no idea where to even start looking for it! I bet you get that a lot!

Welcome again! I can’t wait to see you learn and grow!

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @amy5! I’m Bry, one of the moderators and an Eclectic Witch- it’s a pleasure to meet you :blush:

Oh hello new teacup friend- that is such a cool job! :heart_eyes: :coffee: I have a bit of an obsession with tea cups and chawan tea bowls, although I doubt that any of them are worth much money haha. I suppose my taste in tea ware is like my practice- very eclectic :laughing:

As you can probably see from the comments, you have a lot of fellow tea enthusiasts around here! No pressure, but if you’d ever like to share pictures of your favorite tea treasures, you are very welcome to (if you’re comfortable sharing them!) :heart::blush:

Make yourself at home, Amy! Hope to chat with you more soon- blessed be :sparkles:

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum @amy5 :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

Being an antiques dealer sounds like a lot of fun! :tea: I feel the same way about old, vintage, and antique objects. They all tell a story, and sometimes, if you listen close enough, they’ll speak to you.

We’re all a friendly bunch here so feel free to hop right in, ask your questions, or join current discussions. I look forward to seeing you around!

8 Likes

welcome to the Witch family amy5! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I’m Airram from Greece, I’m glad you’re here!

6 Likes

Welcome, @amy5! :black_heart: It’s lovely to meet you.

I’m Katerina. I reside in Australia with my partner and two lovely cats. :smile: I’m a software engineer working for a company based in the US. It works out really well because my sleep is all over the place – recently, I’ve been sleeping 18:00-00:00 or so. So I get to chat with be a pest to the managers in the US before it’s their bedtime. :grin:

I’m also new to witchcraft. Looking forward to us learning together! :black_heart:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.