Grounding and Centering

I have a tough time grounding and centering, I just don’t feel the energy. Any tips or videos that might help with this?

Thanks muchly in advance!

Kasie

6 Likes

Hi @Amethyst, great question!

Centering and grounding are the foundation of Energy work. :raised_hands: Let’s begin with the basics:

• Centering: Collecting all of your scattered energies and bringing them back to the calm place within you. It’s like taking account of all the energy in your body.

• Grounding: Eliminating excess energy that you may have stored up during a ritual, working, or any charged situation.

The easiest way to get centered is to do a Body Scan, this involves paying attention to parts of the body and bodily sensations in a gradual sequence from feet to head. Click here for a Guided Centering Meditation :headphones:.

For grounding, you can simply meditate while lying face up on the ground. Close your eyes, feel the energy of the earth being drawn up into you. You can also lean back against wood, or a tree and let it absorb the energy from you (it can go both ways). Here’s a Guided Grounding Meditation :headphones:.

Any meditation or practice where you focus on the here and now can be considered “grounding”, this includes painting, knitting, washing dishes, crocheting, etc.

If you need more easy beginner exercises, I recommend you read this post I wrote on Energy work:

Blessed Be! :pray:

8 Likes

Grounding, centering, and many kinds of meditation are great for not only your practice, but also have the benefit of increasing your mental, physical, and emotional well-being! :heart:

I often mind my mind wandering when I try to meditate- I found concentrating on certain sounds helps me to rein in my focus and be less distracted. I recommend listening to the soothing sounds of Tibetan Singing Bowls while you concentrate.

@SilverBear shared a beautiful (and very beginner-friendly!) Earth Grounding Chant the other day. You may want to take a look, if you haven’t already!

Best wishes as you practice grounding and centering, @Amethyst!

Blessed Be :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the links. I’ve been hitting a wall on grounding and centering for a while. I think the fact that I have diabetic nerve problems is making it difficult for me, my feet tingle but are numb all at once. Either that or my center is in my feet. LOL. I’ll try these posts this weekend. Thank you again!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words. I try using that music that is set to a certain frequency to clear negativity when I meditate but maybe the singing bowls will help. I’ll try anything once. And thank you for the link to the Earth Grounding Chant. I’ll give it a go.

Thanks again for the help!

3 Likes

You’re very welcome, @Amethyst! :two_hearts: I hope the singing bowls help- let us know how your grounding and centering practices go! :+1:

2 Likes

My favorite way to ground after any ritual is to hug a tree. The excess energy flows into the tree, down into the roots, back into my feet and sets up a circular flow until the energy in me is back to equilibrium.

4 Likes

That’s a great idea @john4! Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi there, thanks for this grounding tool, moving forward I did both meditations
First, I could begin to understand that I have some anxiety because of work. I am learning to have boundaries at work and have difficulty doing so. During my mindful meditation, I did great except recognized that I bring work into my daily life. One of my client’s sister called me and can be to much.
I can begin to understand how grounding helps to train the mind to be still.

Second, I did the grounding meditation and realized how many things I was examining or analyzing!
Thanks so much for the psi ball and other energy work techniques Francisco I actually talked to my yoga instructor about this!
I can see why it is important first before any spell work. To be centered and grounded.
Thank you Sr
Blessed be

3 Likes