Growing up

Growing up, I was raised to believe that witches and magic were evil… For the longest time I feel like I have been missing something… :bowing_woman:t4: like I’m not doing what I am meant to be for some reason. Luck has never been on my side, and just by becoming a member in here I feel hopeful :sparkles: Everyone has been so inspiring and I find myself excited to hop right back on here for the next lesson, or newest post in the forum! :crescent_moon::black_heart::candle:

17 Likes

@kayla42 honey u have come to the right place. I’m Christeena, and I’m 42, a mother of 2 adult sons. One is a paramedic/firefighter, and the other is a Marine. I live in a very very small town in Central North Carolina with my hubby of 21 yrs, our 2 dogs and 3 cats. I was raised Pentacostal and was always told that my gifts were evil, so they were suppressed til just a few yrs ago when i finally accepted all of myself. It has been an amazing journey with alot of bumps along the way. But it’s all worth it bc for the 1st time in 42 yrs i feel whole.

I have a HUGE affinity for herbs, I commune with spirits, and my guides. I’m a daughter of Hekate, The Morrigan, and Thor. I will help anyone, usually to my own detriment. But I’m still just gonna do me. If you ask me a question please be prepared for an honest answer. Sometimes brutally honest, as I am blunt. I don’t sugar coat things. Here you will find so many like minded brothers and sisters who will welcome and accept all of you with open arms without condescension. If you have questions all you have to do is ask. We are all here to help each other. You will find people from all walks of life and paths. Again, welcome!!!

11 Likes

Thank you so much!! Sounds like we have a bit in common growing up. My mom wouldn’t allow me to watch Harry Potter at her house when I was younger because she said it was considered “evil” I always just thought it was cool lol. I just feel like I am so much more capable of doing things that I’ve been told are wrong or evil when in reality, may actually be helpful and exactly what I need to be doing… all I know is, I am very thankful for you and all of the others in the coven for all of your feedback! :sparkles::black_heart:

8 Likes

Honestly, many of us were also raised this way – you’re not alone! :people_hugging: I’m really happy to hear that you’re finding a home here with us in the forum and on Spells8. :sparkles: :heart: It’s always a wonderful thing to hear when others enjoy being here as much as I do. I know for me Spells8 has become my second family and I have made some amazing friends here!

Here’s to many more posts and lessons for everyone to enjoy, more friends to make, and many more magical days ahead of us! :sparkles:

9 Likes

@kayla42 yes dear one we have lots in common. U will find here alot of us had the same upbringing, just as @MeganB said. U can find a home here.

My daughter had she not died (ectopic) was going to be named Kayla. Just a little tid bit about me. Her name would’ve been Kayla Brianna. She would be 17 now.

6 Likes

You’re not alone- finding the Craft does indeed feel like coming home after a long time away! :heart::blush:

Your enthusiasm shines brightly, Kayla- I hope you continue to find everything you are looking for and that you keep on enjoying and thriving in your magickal studies! :books::sparkles:

Lots of love and blessed be! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Awh, I’m so sorry to hear that :pleading_face: I haven’t had experience with an ectopic pregnancy, but I did have a miscarriage before I had my first son, so I know about that loss. It’s not an easy thing to go through. Thank you for making me feel right at home here! :sparkles:

6 Likes

@kayla42 U are more than welcome. Im sooooo sorry for your loss of your son.

5 Likes

hello @kayla42 !

I am Kayte and I live in London Ontario Canada. I have 2 teen kids, a teen weener dog (same sassy attitude of the kids as well), 2 fish tanks…busy busy. I am 38 years old but feel so much younger.

I have loved the support. I find that I come to the forum just to wander. I don’t normally do that, I am not one to be attracted to posting stuff on places like that. I have groups on Facebook but am more of a lurker than anything. So for Spells8 to become as special as it has…yeah says something about the people on it.

I grew up thinking witches were evil. The whole witch = satan thing. The pentacle was something I had to get used to looking at. My first reaction as to think it meant the devil. It doesn’t, obviously. Heck my mom would think I am worshiping the Devil if she knew and one day I will explain but that’s another story for another day, maybe, lol

5 Likes

I feel exactly the same way when I started out last year and still do. I is like all the stereotyping was a lie. I see nothing other than light and love in the witch community and would not change me finding out I am a witch for anything :heart:

5 Likes

I absolutely felt this! And yes, the people on here are amazing. I have learned so much just by going through the courses and all of the feedback everyone has been so kind to provide :black_heart:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.