Hailing from New England, USA

Hi Jan1
I’m Garnet, raised in deep farm country, Western NY. Moved around the world as a navy wife and retired in Florida.

There are so many kind and encouraging people here, I’d fill pages and pages.
I do have a few suggestions to make the site easier. (although others will be better at describing it.) But one thing is a given. Our learned creator, designer, Francisco, an eclectic is brilliant and always there to help out.

This is my 7 part beginner plan (There’s so much more, but this is a good start.)
1 st the search is where you can find almost anything you’re looking for.
2 nd Don’t shy away from Q&A section, it often answers questions before you think of them.
3 rd Start your courses, they are very instructive and often entertaining. You can have video lessons as well as written.
4 th At the top of this page there are 5 boxes, each is informative and helpful.
5 th RELAX! It may seem overwhelming, and it can be, but one of the lessons you’ll learn is meditation…oh so helpful!
6 th Please visit us on FORUM, we not only love questions, but to get to know each other, well, with kindness and respect.
7 th Here’s the fun part, sit back, get a cup of something warm to drink. Put your feet up and join us in learning the practice of Magick. Plus you can make some amazing friends.

8 Likes

Thank you for all of the tips, I am happy to have found you guys, literally within a few days of me manifesting a wish to find a community, I came across this one, and it feels perfect. I have enjoyed reading through many things already and am pretty excited to learn more how everyone else practices. Light and love to you xo

8 Likes

I love the Cape, there are places there and the Vinyard that are very healing and soul feeding. I’ll start the courses this week, thank you for your kind welcome. Light and love xo

9 Likes

Vast knowledge of plants is my kindred spirit!!! Happy to see another solitary green practitioner here. So blessed to have met you and look forward to growing with all of the coven members!!! Light and love to you xo

9 Likes

Hi @jan_TheGreenWitch! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum!

Have you seen this week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge? Those are fun ways to get to know people.

If you have any questions or need any help just holler and someone will pop up and help you. I look forward to getting to know you better!

8 Likes

Welcome and Merry Meet!!

I am Amaris from Houston, TX. I am a solitary eclectic pagan green witch. I was first exposed to the Craft as a teenager, but being the rebellious teen that we all can be, refused to accept my path because I didn’t want to be like my mom. Fast forward to 2020 and I come full circle back to the Craft and paganism and couldn’t be happier!

I see @Susurrus had already pointed out the courses and @Garnet have you done great tips for this forum/coven. I also wanted to point out our Weekly News “letter” and Weekly Witchy Challenge (this week is about crafting with the Craft). The weekly news gives you insight into what is happening not only within our coven but also important dates approaching such as full moons or Sabbats. The weekly challenges are a fun way to try new things in the Craft.

Again, welcome and Merry Meet!!

8 Likes

I love my neighborhood & that the ocean :ocean: is so very close to me.

I have just reconnected with nature, i can start plants… but some of them I can’t get to do much when they are transplanted & others flourish more than we were told :laughing:

I will agree that @Mistress_Of_Herbs has been great about sharing her knowledge with us!

@Amethyst has shared a great link to the Challenge activity that ends Tuesday AM at 7 EST. Even just reading everyone’s interpretations of the challenges is so interesting & diverse!

@Amaris_Bane also shared a great link that updates every Monday with all things pagan & benign for the week.

Both are amazing within the coven & @Garnet is very inspiring with her words & spreads her love with each thought out response, her steps are good starters for anyone.

Feel free to jump in when you are ready to any open topic or start your own. Someone will be along to respond as soon as they can, I look forward to seeing you in the forum :infinite_roots:

8 Likes

I am looking at the weekly challenge this morning and I’ll see how I can participate, that does sound like a great way to try new things and meet everyone!! Thanks for welcoming me!! Xo

9 Likes

You’re welcome @jan_TheGreenWitch! I’m a fumble-fingered type person so I have no idea what I’m going to do for the craft but they’re easy and fun to do!

7 Likes

Thank you for welcoming me! I am interested in the activities and disappointed I missed the Buck moon celebrations but the solitary work I did this year with the Buck moon is most likely what led me here this week!! I was born and raised in TX and do miss it there, NE isn’t anything like it. Light and love xo

7 Likes

Merry meet and welcome home :infinite_roots: @jan_TheGreenWitch

I am Marsha, an eclectic solitary witch from Colorado. I know what you mean about living alone too long… I feel your pain. I have 4 kids, all grown up, and living in other states. So it’s just my husband and me now. These last couple of years I have been even more isolated…

Anyway, this is an amazing community, I’m so glad you have joined us. There’s lots of information here and so many friendly people to help you, so if you have any questions just ask.

With Love :heart: & Magick :dizzy: always…

6 Likes

I am amazed already at the open, friendly community which is full of tons of activities and information, openly shared! It feels good, and right. So happy to meet you @marsha and looking forward to getting to know you and everyone else! Light​:candle:& :purple_heart:

6 Likes

I just read your post. I am a bit busy at the moment so I am not able to catch every post. But anyway welcome ! I am from the Netherlands and I am so glad I found this place. It is very inspiring , with friendly and open people. I love the weekly challenges! I learned so much from them already, I would certainly recommend them. I am looking forward to read from you again
Martje

6 Likes

Yes, I am thrilled to be here and engaging with others - I am making my first craft from the weekly challenge today and excited to have it finished and be able to use it. When we post our challenge craft, do we just post a picture or can we use video? I can’t remember what level I am or if video is ever used, sorry very very newwww! :broom: Thanks for welcoming me!!

6 Likes

I think you can, just push the arrow button above and you can post pictures but also video’s I guess. I have never posted a video, so maybe someone else can tell you exactly how to do this.

6 Likes

Hey there Jan!

When posting for the challenge you can do so in whichever manner works for you. I don’t know if video is a supported function of Discourse (the system that the forum is run from) but you can always upload a video to YouTube as unlisted and share the link! :blush:

6 Likes

OK great thanks so much for letting me know - I much appreciate it!! I hope I did not break the rules by asking a question here on this welcome area. :blush:

6 Likes

@jan_TheGreenWitch No worries about the question. I think it falls under introductions & being new to the forum. You are fine :hugs:

6 Likes

Welcome! My name is Ailey, I live in Georgia. I’m a newbie and I am very excited to learn from you! Looking forward to getting to know you in the forum!

7 Likes

Thank you Ailey I am working my way through all of the sections and getting familiar with everything. I made my craft for the challenge and will post it later today or tomorrow!

7 Likes