1 cup butter (Softened)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 egg
½ teaspoon vanilla
1½ teaspoons almond extract
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups flour
6 drops green food coloring (more or less if needed)
36 whole almonds blanched
.67 ounces red gel small tube
1 cup strawberry jam (optional)

Instructions

1. In a large mixing bowl mix together the butter, powdered sugar, egg, vanilla, and almond extract.
  2. Stir in salt, baking powder, and flour and mix until combined well.
  3. Add in green food coloring until you get the color you desire.
  4. Leave dough in the mixing bowl and cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for about 20 minutes.
  5. Remove from fridge and roll dough into 1 1/4 inch balls.
  6. Then roll each ball into a finger shape about 4-5 inches long. Press an almond into the end of each finger. Using a toothpick make indentations to resemble creases in the fingers where knuckles would be.
  7. Place fingers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
  8. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until set. You don’t want to overcook these cookies, or they will dry out and break easily.
  9. Cool completely before adding the gel. When cooled, remove the almond and place a little red gel at the base of the nail bed and then replace the almond. Press so that the gel shows around the nail.
  10. You can also add gel or jam to the end of the finger, or you can leave them the way they are.
  11. These witch fingers are so delicious dipped in jam.

These look so easy to make (sure lol). I found this recipe:

Spooky Witch Finger Cookie Recipe | Six Sisters Stuff

9 Likes

Oh, wow! Those look awesome!

6 Likes

I thought so too! I might try making them but unfortunaltely Upstate NY, Rochester has become a drug infested war zone. Where I live use to be a quite suburb but most definately not anymore at all.
My grandbabies, luckly live in a different county in the country. They only have parnormal activity in that part of NY. I read about the activity out there and they had a “thing” on TV about it. I Anyway, I might make the Finger Cookies and bring them out there for the kids.

Blessed Be,
Medea

6 Likes

I bet they’ll just gobble them up all while going EWW! The way kids do!

Stay safe!

6 Likes

They’re brilliant :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

I’m seeing more and more Halloween stuff and while half of me is going: “It’s only August!” the other half is going" “It’s already August! Halloween is almost here!” :joy: :jack_o_lantern:

This is such a fun seasonal recipe- thanks for sharing it, @Medea! :heart:

Ha! It’s so true :laughing:

5 Likes

Thank you, Amethyst! They do look awesome. I am going to have my grandkids help me :melting_face:

5 Likes

Hi Bry…it will take me that long to make them and some fingers will start to rot before I get them done…LMFAO, I am sorry I am overly tired and Im sitting here by myself laughing with that terrible vision. :rofl: there are days I really wish my vision wasn’t so vivide.

Blessed Be,
Medea

5 Likes

They’ll enjoy making those, I’m sure!

4 Likes

Oh, these would be such a fun Halloween Party treat! :heart: I’m saving this, for sure. Thank you!

4 Likes

Sending a big, warm hug your way, Medea- I hope you got some good rest and that you’re feeling more rejuvenated now! :people_hugging: :heart:

And nothing wrong with starting holiday celebrations in advance! Every year we buy a bag or two of Halloween candy when the stores put them out in August or September- but you bet it’s been all gobbled up by October and we have to get more! :joy: :candy: :jack_o_lantern:

Blessed be (and happy early Halloween~)! :heart::blush:

5 Likes

I don’t know how that happened. It was in the current list so I thought and posted it…LOL

Blessed Be,
Medea

3 Likes