Happy beltane/sawhain

hello darlings

Sorry for my abscence been struggling to find balance in my life but now im once again job hunting i have more time to commit to my spiritual path

anyway happy sawhain/ beltane everyone

id love to hear how you guys are celebrating and if you have any good recipes/rituals you would like to share

lots of love and light from a grey drab melbourne :slight_smile:)

8 Likes

Happy Beltaine lovely! I’m sorry you’re once again job hunting. I’m just sitting here watching RHPS on stage from the BBC. They did a stage play a few years ago and it’s really good. It’s on YouTube.

As for me, tomorrow I’m doing the solitary ritual here from Spells8 for Samhain. It’ll be lovely. I made a pumpkin pie today, nothing from scratch I’m afraid but still, I baked it.

What are you up to for Beltaine?

2 Likes

yea my contract ran out again :frowning:

im not sure yet, at present im just painting my nails, i gave my neighbours some candies for halloween. Im just looking up recipes for beltane. im thinking ill nip down to the shops get some fresh flowers. im thinking ill make a pumpkin pie and maybe some apple desserts? lol once again im so unorganised this is my first year celebrating wheel of the year properly and even then i dont feel like im doing it right due to covid etc

i wish i had a pagan cookbook would be so much easier lol

3 Likes

You should work on that… I think we would all love to see a collection of favorite regional foods This site is great for suggestions. Francisco is amazing -the things he comes up with!
Hope you find a new job soon.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear your contract has run out. That sucks.

Scott Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen is a great book. Not a recipe book so much as an encyclopedia of what each ingredient means. You can find it on Amazon I know, I’d link you but it would be to the North American site and that’s not useful.

There are a couple of books I’ve been wanting to buy also, by Michael Furie. One is Supermarket Magic: Creating Spells, Brews, Potions & Powders from Everyday Ingredients and the other is Supermarket Sabbats: A Magical Year Using Everyday Ingredients. Both look promising for a witch that buys most of her stuff at the grocery store.

Hope that helps you out in the recipe department. And I hope you find a new job soon!

3 Likes

Happy Beltane @kira-marie!! :sunflower:

So happy to see you in the Forum again! We’ve been discussing about our Samhain / Blue Moon rituals here.

Kasie gave you some great suggestions for witchy recipes! My recommendation is The Hearth Witch’s Compendium which includes more than 200 food and drink recipes (soups, breads, puddings, cakes, salads, wines, meads, ciders, beers, ales, jams, jellies, curds, cheeses, chutneys, ketchup, sauces, dried foods, etc)

I also recommend that you look into the Llewellyn’s 2021 Sabbats Almanac for great ideas, tales, correspondences and recipes.

Blessed Be and Happy Full Moon!!

4 Likes

Happy Beltane! I hope the job you desire most is a gift this season!

2 Likes

ooo ill have to check those books out thank you darling yeah i always do my grocery shopping at the supermarket to be honest so that would be great!

2 Likes

very happy to be back darling :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think I need to get them pretty soon, they look interesting. So many books, so little time! LOL.

2 Likes

Happy Beltane and welcome back, @Kira-marie! :two_hearts: Hope you had a lovely weekend (despite any grey skies!) :blush: . It was a cloudy weekend here in Warsaw too- we had some Halloween festivities (eating candy and watching Halloween shows lol) and a peaceful meditation for Samhain on Sunday :candle: .

Sending you many good wishes for the job hunt! Have you seen the list of Career Spells? One of them might help give you a boost to land a new job! Good luck, and love and light to you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes