How is everyone else celebrating today

18 Likes

That’s beautiful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

Oh how lovely, Happy Ostara :green_heart:

14 Likes

Happy ostara

12 Likes

I’m honoring family traditions, possibly for the last time, as I am finding some of them are not healthy for me. Last of the ham. Easter basket full of chocolate. Watching favorite movies like Hop, the Warner Brothers version of Secret Garden with Maggie Smith, and Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Traditions are very hard to break.

On Friday, I remembered that my family doesn’t contact me. It hurts, but I ought to be used to it by now. Get busy and ignore the expectations of the day.

Sundays are silent around the complex, here. I usually use the time to catch up with everything that didn’t get done through the week. If my time was well spent through the week, I get to look forward a bit for a change. I can remove partially finished to do lists so I can focus on what needs to be done instead of the mini tasks I didn’t really want to do in the first place.

13 Likes

@georgia Sharing chocolate with you from afar lovely :sparkling_heart:

13 Likes

Happy Sunday, my dear! Those are some beautiful eggs! Especially that last one!

I’m not doing anything special for today. Now, Tuesday I’ll be getting cheap chocolate! YUM!

12 Likes

Will they have any left by then? If you don’t find any, @tracyS & I will share. We have lots! :purple_heart::gift_heart:

Now Lucy, are those the creams, the nuts, or the fruit filled? I have solid eggs, raisins, and caramels atm. The mini bars might have a golden ticket. We can coat raspberries, strawberries, or cherries, and I have some peanut butter and rice crisp treats for gold bars. Thinking of adding chocolate chips to pancake dough tomorrow.

Oof. After all this chocolate, I’ll need cinnamon to bring down my sweet tooth!

12 Likes

Wow that is some amount of chocolate sounds so yummy

11 Likes

Aww thank you, it’s my fav too

11 Likes

I’m so sorry :disappointed: You can make new traditions and you were here with me! :people_hugging::heart:

8 Likes

@kirsty4 The poem is very lovely :rabbit2: :rabbit:
You’re eggs are amazing :blush::hugs:

I still haven’t finished my altar🤪. But it’s still Ostara!

@tracyS @georgia I bought 4 bags of Cadbury mini eggs! I’m on my last bag! :crazy_face:

10 Likes

Happy Chocolate Day. :yum::sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

They look awesome- look at that beautiful crescent moon one! :crescent_moon: :egg: :black_heart:

Hope you had a lovely holiday, Kirsty. Blessed be! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Thank you I saw it when I was scrolling and thought it’s perfect :egg:

9 Likes

Thank you I just had to add the moon since I love anything to do with moon :new_moon:

8 Likes

Cheers to that! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :crescent_moon: :sparkles:

9 Likes

No! Sally wasn’t even able to find an Easter bunny for herself! I bought to big bars of chocolate instead. YUM!

8 Likes

Since chocolate is the most popular candy on the market, it sells out the most quickly. I have difficulty finding any, even the day of the holiday, sometimes.

My aunt used to buy anything she could find and put it in the freezer for the next holiday, so our Easter baskets may have had Halloween candy, Christmas candy or a Valentine. Sometimes candy would be stale, but that was just a good reason not to eat it. At least it looked good.

8 Likes

Heh, I bet that was weird having Halloween candy in March/April. And freezing candy? That just doesn’t seem right.

8 Likes