Has anyone read these books?

Hi i picked up some nice books today that called me and was like “i am so buying these!”. Let me know what you think of them if you have read one :blush:

10 Likes

Ohhhhh look at these beauties! :heart_eyes:

I’ve seen Wild Witchcraft recommend to me on Amazon- it looks good, but from the description, the “folk traditions” it discusses seem to be Appalachian magick, which doesn’t really apply to me (although I’m sure it would be a fascinating read!)

I haven’t seen The Witch’s Cookbook before! Would absolutely love to hear your thoughts on it- do you think you’ll read either/book of these for book club this session? :blush:

Thanks for sharing them and hope you enjoy! :heart:

7 Likes

No, but they look interesting! Except for the foraging part. I’m not even much of a gatherer anymore, I pay people to do my grocery shopping anymore. It’s a lot easier on me! LOL!

7 Likes

I haven’t read either of them but a friend of mine interviewed Rebecca Beyer, I believe. Let me look!

Here you go! I mean, only if you’re interested in watching :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Yes i will definatly read one of them but honestly i have about around 50 (not including the amount of books i own on my Ipad) witchy books and only have read 11 of them!

I will have to see what catches my eye after i finish the Holistic witch i am almost done with.

These are the names of the books i own incase anyone was interested:

The Witch’s cookbook By Fortuna Noir
Wild Witchcraft By Rebecca Beyer
The Holistic Witch By Shawn Robbins and Leanna Greenaway (currently reading)
A year and a day of Everyday Witchcraft By Deborah Blake (Read daily)
Wicca series by Lisa Chamberlain:
For Beginners (read)
Book of Spells (read)
Crystal Magic (read)
Herbal Magic (read)
Year of Magic
Candle Magic
Essential Oils Magic
Sigil Witchery By Laura Zakroff (read)
Living Lunarly By Kiki Ely
Hex Twisting By Diana Rajchel
Fairy Magic By Aurora Rane
Wicca By Harmony Nice (read)
The Crooked Path By Kelden (read)
The Horned God of the Witches By Jason Mankey (read)
Palmistry By Anna Comerford
Crystals By Bernice Cockram
Meditation By Jacqueline Towers
The Chakra Directory By The Bright Press
Gaia The Goddess of Earth By Imogen and Isabel Greenberg
The Green Witch By Murphy Hiscock
Moon Magic By Aurora Kane
Witchcraft By Anastasia Greywolf
Witchcraft for Tomorrow By Doreen Valiente
The Mindful Witch By Jen Stevens
Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner By Scott Cunningham
The Meaning of Witchcraft By Gerald Gardner
Mastering Witchcraft By Paul Huson
Witchcraft Today By Gerald Gardner
Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs By Scott Cunningham
The Complete Book of Incense, Oils and Brews By Scott Cunningham
Psychic Witch By Mat Auryn (read)
The Evolutionary Empath By Stephanie Red Feather
Hekate By Courtney Weber (read)
Spirit Conjuring for Witches By Frater Barrabbas
The Book of Kitchen Witchery By Cerridwen Greenleaf
Astrology By DK
Wiccapedia By Shawn Robbins and Leanna Greenaway
Tarot By Alice Ekrek
Psychic Witch By Shawn Robbins and Leanna Greenaway
Horoscopes 2022 By Patsy Bennett (read daily)
Horoscopes 2023 By Patsy Bennett
The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells By Judika Illes (read bits when needed)
Dreams and Your Personal Guide By Angela Mogridge (read bits when needed)
Crystals By Cassandra Eason (read when needed)
A History of Magic, Witchcraft and the Occult By DK (currently reading)

7 Likes

I wish i could maybe i will learn :blush:

7 Likes

Oh my, that’s so many books! :flushed: I don’t know how you’re gonna get through all of those lol it makes me nervous just looking at them all. Good luck!

7 Likes

If you’re able to get out and about, and know your local area it would be fun, I think!

7 Likes

Honestly i makes me glow up when i look at them

7 Likes

That’s good then! I’m glad the books bring you joy :blush: :books:

7 Likes

Yes nothing like sitting down with a good book and a coffee… :blush:

7 Likes

Yes, @TheMuslimWitch I read Wild Witchcraft - it’s a very quick read, like couple of hours — It’s pretty good, and nice to own and reference but nothing I didn’t already know. Rebecca’s specific background with Appalachian folk magic was interesting.

The Witch’s cookbook looks interesting!!
Xoxo :brown_heart:

7 Likes

Thanks well since i still consider myself a bab :frowning_face:y witch it is better i read and re-read everything as although i love books nothing unless it is very unusual tends to stick hence i can’t memories properties of herbs

5 Likes

Would you recommend these books? I have them in my Amazon Wishlist, but they are only in English. If they’re not worth it, I don’t waste my time or money buying them!

7 Likes

Look at all those books!!! :star_struck: You’ve got a world of witchy wisdom right there at your side- I can totally see how they bring you joy whenever you look at them :blush:

I hope you’re able to get through them all someday, but for now I don’t think there’s anything wrong with simply enjoying their happy presence! :books::sparkles:

Blessed be!

4 Likes

So i really loved the Psychic witch By Mat Auryn and was happy that is was different to most witchy books as they seem repetitive. So far my favourite book… I mean it does have a few things most witches know but a lot of new content i found.
As for Psychic witch by Shawn and Leanna i actually just realised i accidently posted read as i though it was the Mat Auryn one, so sorry haven’t read it and will edit the post.
Finally as for the Holistic witch, i would say 50/50, i mean a few spells i found and posted recently came from this book but it seems kind of repetitive and feel like most books i read are just similar with different wording. I would say if you are already an expert on herbs this is not for you as a major section is dedicated to herbs and plants. :blush:

7 Likes

I have only read Psychic Witch by Mat Auryn and I can say I generally recommend it but usually only for the exercises. Mat’s tradition of witchcraft definitely shows through in his writing, and there’s nothing wrong with that, it just doesn’t mesh well with my own beliefs. However, the exercises are solid and great for practice!

7 Likes

Thank you @TheMuslimWitch and @MeganB for your answers!
I guess it would be easier (and cheaper) for me if I try to get a digital copy of the books!

Thank you again!

7 Likes

Always is and much easier to take around with you… I cannot tell you how many times my birds have bitten a piece out of the cover, spilt coffee on one on it has hit the ground hard from a table… In saying that i love the smell and feel of books it is intoxicating to me…

Source: Twitter- https://twitter.com/readersmagnet/status/1418556647224614915

6 Likes

Amazing collection! I posted this before in a different section but have you read any of Deborah harkness books? They were in a little library house that are put up throughout neighborhoods and these three books were in there, they’re free for the taking. I couldn’t believe I was so excited when I saw them.

6 Likes