Have anyone asked Ochosi for help?

I have a 7 day candle and want to ask Ochosi for help . Should I set up an altar just for Ochosi and if so how should I do this ? Also what is a good prayer I can use ?

5 Likes

I’ve never heard of Ochosi. Are they from a closed tradition?

3 Likes

Ochosi is an Orisha from Yoruba origin, commonly associated with African diaspora traditions. Generally these follow an initiation-based system, which is communal and hierarchical.

The best you can do if you seriously feel that an Orisha (such as Ochosi) is calling you, is to find a competent Babalawo (male Ifa priest) or Iyanifa (female Ifa priestess) to be able to divine for you.

If you are meant to have involvement with Orisha worship, your head Orisha will point you there. It is pretty hard to find good information on the internet, but if you want to learn the basics here’s an interesting article about Ochosi.

6 Likes

Just found out he is the Yoruba God of hunting. Worship by the Yoruba peoples of what is now Nigeria and Benin.

4 Likes

Also in the Americas, Ochosi is present under various names in the diasporic religions of Santería, Umbanda, Trinidad Orisha, Haitian Vodou, and Candomblé.

@Babywitchbxtch There are a couple of books that will help you do research as well.

From The Altar of My Soul

From Santeria: The Beliefs and Rituals

7 Likes

I’m really not sure but I went for a reading and she asked me was I having problems with the law and she told me I should pray to him

5 Likes

Huh. Learn something new every day!

3 Likes

Yeah it was weird but I am going thru a court process so it was weird she told me that . She gave a 7day ochosi candle and told me to pray over it and light it but I feel I should set up my altar for him the right way wh before I ask for help

5 Likes

Although I haven’t paid homage to him, But as I was searching the early African Gods, I remember reading about him, the hunter and scout.
Garnet

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.